cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard in background process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I'm using the dashboard and the system is ok when the Customizing setting is on " B- Background Processing : User, save".

For performace problem I 'd like to use "A-Background processing" or "Only Background processing" sincerely I don't know which is the difference, but I have tried with both way but no value is Updated , for example System status.

When the Update was on line at save all OK , but now nothing is update.

only difference I have setted --> submit Job in background (DPR_EVE_BATCH_DPO) , I have checked the Job starts every 5 minutes .

Could you help me?

Thanks

Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Difference between options A and B is that with user, save the dashboard gets updated everytime a user saves a project while in the Only background processing you only update the dashboard when running the program...

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Neil but I have tried solution B I have submit the background joib but any values are updated for example the system status Why according to you?

thanks in advance

Vanessa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

I would advise 2 things:

- Did you try to run manully the report DPR_EVE_BATCH_DPO and check the result log? Is then the data updated? Maybe the variant for the job is not well set-up?

- If this still doesn't work, check the released SAP notes about this, depending on your cProjects release. We already implemented a lot of notes in the past about this project dashboard.

BR

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi matthia

I run report manually and it extracts some projects, but sometime when I go on start page of cprojects the data is not update!

Sometimes I have to do "refresh" with F5 or change application view from projects to last used project..

According to you if I have a project example PJ001 status released I changed in Completed , then I run the report

I should see the project in Completed without any refresh or I have to refresh my page?! or I have to anything to update my changes?

Best regards

Vanessa

Answers (0)