Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC/enable = 1 doesn't allow me to login through SAPGUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I work in the airline industry. Right now we are configuring BI / BO Integration. Part of the configuration is to enable SNC on the BW server to allow Single Sign On for BOE server and client. So, I created certificates, imported certificates from Business Objects server. Enabled SNC by setting SNC/enable=1. Along with this parameter, I also set the following parameters to allow insecure connections through SAPGUI and RFC.

snc/accept_insecure_rfc 1

snc/accept_insecure_r3int_rfc 1

snc/accept_insecure_gui 1

snc/accept_insecure_cpic 1

snc/permit_insecure_start 1

snc/data_protection/min 1

snc/data_protection/max 3

Despite this, when I restart the BW server, it wouldn't allow me to login through SAPGUI. At the sametime, if I disable SNC by SNC/enable = 0 and reboot the server, it would let me login to BW server through SAPGUI. Any guidance here is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you planning to use SNC for SAP GUI -> SAP BW logons ? if so, you are not allowed to use the SNC library included with SAP BW due to OEM license constraints. If you are not, and you are just setting up an SNC connection between BOE and BW using SNC, then I think this is covered under the OEM agreement.

I suggest you check that your snc/gssapi_lib profile parameter is correct, and check the dev_w0 log after started as this will show any SNC errors which occur during work process startup.

Thanks

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Added variable to the start profile.

0 Kudos

Hello SAP007,

Please could you describe what you really did to solve this problem? What variable do I have to add in the profile? What value do i have to fill it ?

I have faced this same issue to activate SNC in my SAP BW server; I try to startup BW and it seems it's OK, but I can't open the bw logon screen.

Thank you for any help

Cesar