Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To much files in archive of file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

on a day in november the RWB and the sxmb_moni show about 150 messages that

have been processed by a sender file adapter.

On the file system we have two files (all in all 152) more in our archive for this day. Neither the day

before nor the day after have a different amount of messages so that the two message

could not be a problem of late processing (for example over midnight).

I also check that no empty files where in archive.

My question: What kind of problem could appear that a message get processed through file adapter and save

to archive folder but not getting processed by adapter engine or integration engine?

Thanks

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question: What kind of problem could appear that a message get processed through file adapter and save

to archive folder but not getting processed by adapter engine or integration engine?

There can be few situations when this can happen.

For example - say you are sending out a proxy from PI to R3 / BW system. Your sender file channel will read and archive the file, but when the PI tries to generate the proxy, it encounters an error - "User is not authorized to process messages" ... Means, the id that PI is using to send and process the proxy in R3 is not having proper authorization.

But once you have fixed this problem, you can re-start the message from MONI in PI.

Similarly, there can be other cases when this situation can arise.

So, for those 2 extra archive files, you might be interested in checking the logs in MONI / RWB if any message went into error.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neetesh,

thanks for your answer, but no message is on error neither in RWB nor in Integration Engine.

It seems to be that the messages have been read in and saved into archive but not send to

adapter engine.

About the amount of 150 messages I am not able to point out which message don't have been

transfered to adapter engine.

How to figure out which messages have not been processed (XI 3.0 -> no payload search).

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

If that's the case, then you should thoroughly check the log of the FTP Gateway and the adapter log on PI side.

Regards,

Neetesh