cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Explorer 7.1 With Windows Server 2000?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are looking to upgrade our SAP GUI from 620 to 710. As part of this due to other system install and upgrades we are looking to upgrade the Business Explorer from the included 3.5 to 7.1.

My issue/question is this......I am reading conflicting information, of sorts, in that in the prerequisites it states that Business Explorer 7.1 is only compatible with Windows XP or Vista. However in the installation guide for Business Explorer 7.1 in Chapter 5 it says "The user with which you are logged in to your workstation (Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Vista)"

To add to the confusion we access the SAP GUI, and in turn the business explorer, via Citrix and so there is no SAP software installed locally on the users desktops.

So in case I haven't yet asked the question, Is it possible to have Business Explorer 7.1 working on Windows 2000 Server? And if so is it straightforward or are there workarounds required?

Thanks in advance

Ian Newbury

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have installed the BEx Analyser version 7.1 and it works so the answer to my question is Yes.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it might work, but SAPGUi 7.10 (and all its options) are not support ed on Windows 2000.