cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alert in synchronous SOAP- PROXY scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am woking on a synchronous SOAP- PROXY scenario. The XI outbound interface has been exposed as web service which is invoked by .NET application to send the request. The inbound interface is ABAP proxy which is retrieving the data from R3 tables based on the selection criteria in request and sending back the same as response. Now it is required to send an alert to the specified recipient in case there is any application error on the receiver side.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Now it is required to send an alert to the specified recipient in case there is any application error on the receiver side.

Check this thread on similar topic....see my reply:

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for replying.

According to your ans in the specified thread:

If an Application Error occurs in the receiver system then you cannot raise an alert for it in SAP XI/ PI (at least by using the alert configuration). Within XI/ PI it will be just a response message.

However if XI components (like IE) give an application error it can be captured by the alert category/ rule.

Can you please give the steps how to capture it by alert category/ rule?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Ask the end-system to raise an alert in acse of any failure

2) I would avoid --> have a BPM in the flow and include the syncsend step in it....inlcude the sync send inside a block with an exception branch.....when the sync send goes into error the BPM will catch it and raise an alert.

Regards,

Abhishek.