cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual stack: ABAP non-unicode; JAVA unicode -> exe directories?

BSG
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a dual stack system consisting of a non-unicode ABAP and a unicode JAVA. I would like to perform a kernel upgrade. The ABAP stack has it's exe's in /sapmnt/<SID/exe. But where are the JAVA unicode exe's located? Or do they use the same kernel directory? If so, de I only need to use/extract the non-unicode kernel?

Thanks,

Regards,

Bart Groot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look at your Start and Instance profiles. This will show you the paths when the system starts up.

Mark

BSG
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I already had a look at the startup profiles and found that the SCS was running on the unicode kernel directory. The ABAPJAVA was running on the non-unicode kernel directory. Shouldn't the JAVA part of the ABAPJAVA be running on the unicode directory also?

Fyi: I have upgraded the kernel of the non-unicode directory and unicode directory (SCS) to 7.01. I see this resembled in the ABAP stack, however, the JAVA stack (systeminfo) still shows the 700 kernel version...

Thanks,

Regards,

Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the swtartup profile is it running _sapcpe ? as the source will l overwrite the destination.

Incidentally what is your hardware..

Mark

BSG
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

We are running on AIX and are not using the sapcpe (isn't this windows only?)

Thanks,

Regards,

Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your right.....just read back your post......

Your java executable are probably in /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<nr)/exe

Check the instance profile for the parameter exe/j2ee which I am hoping points to DIR_EXECUTABLE

which should be the path above.

Mark

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know regardless of your ABAP been unicode or non-unicode java only exist as unicode... so when you upgrade the kernel it should be right for the java side.

Read

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/27/44f17a26a74a8abfd202c4f5dc9a0f/content.htm

Regards

Juan

BSG
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark & Juan,

Thanks for your explanations.

I have upgraded the JAVA stack and now I also see in the system component info that it is running on 7.01.

Regards,

Bart