cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Date Issue in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Am facing a weird problem in sales order generation?

I am generating a media sales order from the contracts created in VA41.

The pricing date which is being determined while generating the orders is not being determined from the issue given in the sales it is picking up the valid from date in the contracts.

Can anyone please help me to figure out whether there is any Configuration mistake or something else.

Regards

Dilip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, dilip.

i wish to just add a minor point to the brilliant ones made by the others...

the reason why the contract validity is referenced by the sales order (as default copy control settingsw) is that this is a common business requirement. the sales organization and the customer agreed to a transaction involving a specific quantity of 1 or more identified materials, at very certain terms (prices, discounts, surcharges, scales, payment terms, etc.).

so even if the prevailing prices and other conditions have changed, you still would like to create a sales order under conditions previously agreed upon, and the agreement still being valid. as pricing date is relevant to determine the valid conditions, this date is referenced in copy controls as well.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all the problem has been resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dilip,

It would be great if you could share how the problem was resolved. This will be helpful to the forum and others who face similar problem. Probably your blog could be reference to them.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

By default the Pricing date will be from source document. But in the case, the default pricing date required is the same as the date on which Sales Order is being created, in that case in copy control (VTAA), maintain Pricing Type as 'B' - Carry New Pricing.

Hope the above is helpful.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Default pricing date, generally controlled in respective document type.

(check in VOV8-doc type details - Prop.f.Pricing date),

But when you create Order wrt: Contract, then the pricing date will be copied from source document.