Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS Configuration

former_member235680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can I integrate landscape via STMS with the following systems, one DEV, two QA and one Virtual system? In the std scenario its usually three system landscape.

Till now I have tried with transport routes and transport groups etc it dont seem to work.

So please can anybody help me on this?

Thanks

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

One DEV and two QA is not a big landscape.

You didnt told what you tryed exactly and where you got struck.

Through SDN and Google,you can get enough information.

Try to follow the below links.

http://www.sap-img.com/basis/how-to-do-the-tms-configuration.htm

http://www.saptechies.com/stms-configuration-and-transport-route-configuration/

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.

former_member235680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

Thanks for ur reply.

Sorry, for less input. Actually I am done with the systems integration in SAP and when I go to STMS I cud see all the systems as well, so there is no problem in STMS.

Now I am stuck in creation of Transport routes.. layers etc.I have created the transport routes but when I go back to development system and release a request from there, I cannot see the request in none of the quality systems buffer post refresh. Just before queue refresh, it updates the QA1 and QA2 buffer, but when I double click and try to view the request, I find nothing.

I need to create integrate the trns. routes for DEV, QA1, QA2, VIR.

Hope, I am clear now.

Thanks

Abhishek

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sharing the transport directory?... or you have different ones in each system.... if so you'll need to transfer them before import.

Regards

Juan

former_member235680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I am using one common trans directory. All checks like..tp tool, transdir consistency all passing fine. No problem with them.

As stated earlier, I am unable to see the exported request from Dev in any QA system.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure the transport is a workbench or customizing request?... local requests do not produce cofile or data file hence won't show up on the transport queue

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to add the request manually in your QA??? Have you try refreshing the queue in import queue???

V....

former_member235680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. I have made sure that the transport request is not local.

I am unable to add the request to the buffer as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your Parameter DIR_TRANS is pointing to the right Transport Directory and also check that Data and Cofiles are generated.

V....

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you distributed the TMS config from the Domain controller?... if so... do you get any errors?

Regards

Juan

former_member235680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Well. I have found the problem and its solution as well.

The issue was with that STMS was configured with different transport groups. When u go to STMS-->Systems. There I saw individual system has the individual group, which was not corresponding to Domain controller. I changed it to Dom. cntrler and its working fine.As I stated earlier as well none of the tool was not reporting any error.

Thanks

Edited by: Abhi on Nov 23, 2009 4:31 PM