cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encoding Issues in AS2 Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario : AS2 (Sender) - IDOC (Receiver).

Third party is sending the EDI message which we successfully receive at XI and send an IDOC to R/3 system. Now the issue is :

EDI message has some Cyrillic characters (ISO-8859-5 encoded) in one field of the EDI message. But when we receive the message in XI the cyrillic characters get converted in some junk data and is send as such to the R/3 system. XI is not able to read the data in correct encoding. I have tried using "xmlAnonymizerBean" in the Module tab of the adapter, using it just before the Call Adapter but this did not solve the purpose.

Any idea how can we read the data in correct encoding in XI.

Also I asked them to send the data in UTF-8 encoding. They changes the encoding from there end and sent the data in UTF-8 encoding, but in this case the message did not get processed in Seeburger also. (did not reach XI).

Any help on this?

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd recommend configuring the as2 sender channel to put the received payload into an attachment (specify attachmentname). Then add the charsetconversion module (SEEBURGER) to your modulechain as first module where you convert the payload from the encoding your partner is sending to UTF-8 and store the result in 'MainDocument'

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using BIC mapping designer to convert EDI to XML and Vice versa?

In that case, you can refer this discussion:

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana