cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI Integration using PI with third party connectors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I would like to know the extra cost factors associated if going for EDI integration with PI with third party connectors like seeburger .

1. We have NW 2004s ECC installed . Do we need to purchase PI separately? If yes how much will it cost ?

2. How licensing will happen in case of PI ?

3. How much Seeburger will cost ? Is there any sort of AMC associated with seeburger

4. Do we install Seeburger and PI on the same box ?

5. How will be the landscape with Seeburger Instance ?

6. How we will be able to move Seeburger Objects across the landscape ? DEV->QA->PRD

Regards ,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seeburger comes as PI adapter, that means it will be deployed into PI (=> same box).

And there is an additional development tool from Seeburger, the BIC Mapping designer, which is a standalone application. You can use it to modify the 1:1 mappings (EDIFACT2XML). It is not mandatory (and not used for running the EDI scenarios in production), but in practice helps quite often for debugging conversion problems. You can create new SDA's for the 1:1 mappings in that tool and then deploy them to PI.

The transport strategy is not different to normal PI development objects.

CSY

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Christian --- if you can find out...how much did your PI Adapter from SeeBurger cost ? just a rough figure will do

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Experts ,

>

> I would like to know the extra cost factors associated if going for EDI integration with PI with third party connectors like seeburger .

>

> 1. We have NW 2004s ECC installed . Do we need to purchase PI separately? If yes how much will it cost ?

Yes your need to but PI separately,its independed product,its not come with ECC.

> 2. How licensing will happen in case of PI ?

Better to talk with SAP Sales team,they will help you with genuine answers.

> 3. How much Seeburger will cost ? Is there any sort of AMC associated with seeburger

Its depends on which See Burger Adapter You are going to use,.

> 4. Do we install Seeburger and PI on the same box ?

Yes ,we need to deploy the seeburger drivers on PI Server.

> 5. How will be the landscape with Seeburger Instance ?

google it,you wil find the answer i am not sure

> 6. How we will be able to move Seeburger Objects across the landscape ? DEV->QA->PRD

As per my knowledge when you develop any interface using seer burger adapter or predefined mappings,its same procedure to transport also.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj ,

Yes your need to but PI separately,its independed product,its not come with ECC.

---> Once we have purchased the full Netweaver Suite , 2004s . I guess we don't need to purchase PI again Just we need to take care of PI license . Am I right Experts ?

It depends on which See Burger Adapter You are going to use,.

---> Partner is going to send EDI messages i.e EDI 810 Invoice for ASC X12 Version 4010 and EDI 850 Purchase Order for ASC X12 Version 4010....etc

suggest me the appropriate adapter ? what are the adapters provided by Seeburger ?

Msg(850) PO coming to R/3 from customer . what Idoc to use for this ? and how it is going to be stored at R/3 end ? as a purchase order or as a sales order ? and how we will be converting the master data...like Material 'X' ordered from customer but stored in our system as Material 'Y' .

Kindly Guide..!!

Regards ,

Edited by: Santosh Rawat on Nov 24, 2009 12:47 PM