Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create own ChangeDocuments from WorkCentre

Joerg_Muc
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have created a user transaction type (ZDHF) as a copy from the standard transaction type SDHF.

I see all created Change Dokuments from the user transaction type (ZDHF) under Change Documents in the Workcenter of Changerequest Management.

Now i want to create a new User Change Document (ZDHF) from the WorkCenter.

My question:

How can i change/customize the Workcenter UI, so that i am able to create a new User Change Document (ZDHF) out of the WorkCenter.

Thanks for helping!

Jörg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Joerg_Muc
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Ricardo,

first thank you for your quick answer.

I have checked serveral things:

Your are right with the customizing. I tested it with my user transaction type ZDHF - and it works.

When pressing "CreateChange Document" in workcenter, there opened a window, where i could select

between 2 transaction types (same is described in Note 1157061).

But I found another possibility:

With the table AGS_WORK_CUSTOM you can overwrite the Customzing from above:

Name: CHARM_REQUEST_ZDHF

Value: ZDHF

But i checked the coding of the method GET_CHANGE_REQ_PROC_TYPES and i found a little mistake.

So i wrote a message to SAP. Now i am waiting for correction from SAP.

bye

Jörg Frye

Edited by: Jörg Frye on Nov 24, 2009 10:12 AM

RiccardoEscher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jörg,

for Change Requests it should work without any customizing since EHP1.

The prerequisite is that you have done the IMG activity SOCM_MAIN_000 (SolMan -> schenario specific settings -> change request management -> extended configuration -> change transaction -> change transaction types -> assign implementation to change transaction) by copying th SDCR to a ZDCR.

The workcenter looks into the table selecting all entries with Class CL_SOCM_CHANGE_REQU_INSTANCE and Text-ID CR05.

But for Hotfixes, the problem is that there is no Common Task "Create Change Document"

May be it's enough to fake in SOCM_MAIN_000 a change request entry.

Or you might create an implicit enhancement at the end of method CL_AGS_WORK_BP_INFO -> GET_CHANGE_REQ_PROC_TYPES where you append a line with ZDHF to the table at_charm_proc_type.

Please let us know about the results of your investigation (at least on Januray 26th )

Bye

Riccardo Escher

Joerg_Muc
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Ricardo,

i changed the coding of the method GET_CHANGE_REQ_PROC_TYPES and customized the table AGS_WORK_CUSTOM. Now, i get a shortdump in methode ADD_ELEMENT, when i will create a user change document (ZDHF) from the WorkCenter.

The methode ADD_ELEMENT fill a intern table for displaying all relevant transaction types in the workcenter. I my case, the entry for the change document ZDHF was already there. Because the method REFRESH_OVERVIEW_UI from View V_OVERVIEW in Web-Dynpro-Component AGS_WORK_CHANGE_MAN read first all Change Requests (methode GET_CHANGE_REQ_PROC_TYPES) an then all Change Dokuments.

Meanwhile i got a answer from SAP to my customer message:

....The code in method GET_CHANGE_REQ_PROC_TYPE to read Change Request transaction type from table AGS_WORK_CUSTOM is obsolete.

Table TSOCM_PROXY_IMPL should be the only source where the transaction type; this is described in note 1157061......

So if i want to create user change document from the Workcenter, i had to change the class for all relevant user transaction types and the process and customizing behind them.

best regards

Jörg Frye