cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context Refreshing Problem in ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts

I am using the ALV DATA_CHECK event in ALV and it is called in modify view.

let say i have multiple rows.... For a single row i have three cells to paly with ,, i have to take values from two cells and calculate the value of the third cell. now if i put wrong value in one cell , WDY detects it ... now in sec row if i put the correct value , the value of the third cell is calcuted but now the wrong value in the cell gets dissappeared and its value is overwritten by previous value.

Desired scenario : Wrong value should not get overwritten and values in other row must get calculated.

Kindly propose a solution for the same.

Regards

Kuldeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha

Suppose i put 1 in one cell and 2 in other cell and press enter , everything is working fine.

When i put any wrong value in a cell supose i put abc in place of 1 the cell becomes red and webdynpro throws an error

now when i put 3 instead of two and press enter the wrong value abc retrieves its previous value 1.

and m not clearing error mesages .

Kindly help with the issue .

Regards

Kuldeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please comment the code in the datacehck event and test it again..what is the datatype you have taken for these columns...

are they standard ones...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha

correct Values are getting refreshed , thats not a problem.

When a filed is having a data element of type i , and if you put abcd in that field Web dynpro detects it on its own

In my case also if i put a wrong value it is detecting by Webdynpro but when i put the correct value in some other field and press enter calculations are made for correct field then also that errored value get disappeared , this should not happened . Why the errored value is getting disappeared ???

Regards

Kuldeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

After you get teh error and changing some toher cell tehn that error gets dissappeared but when you validate again webdynpro framework throws error...Are you clearing errors any where else....

Once there is any change to data happens then error will be disappeared....pls test it..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Lekha

Now i set the value of the data check in alv config .

Now the data check event is not in Modify view , but the problem still persist

Regards

Kuldeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the data check method is triggered...I guess after modifying the values in the cells then hit ENTER and now

check for the latest things....As they are input fields you need to explictily hit ENTER key..

Are you doing this..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why is this data check called in modifyview...............