cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNTL_ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am using "SAP_WAPI_EXECUTE_WORKITEM" BAPI to Execute a Workitem in Webdynpro on Click of a Button. It is throwing the following Exception. I have no idea of why it is throwing this exception. Could you please help me in resolving this issue. I would appreciate your help.

A RAISE statement in the program "CL_GUI_CUSTOM_CONTAINER=======CP" raised the

exception

condition "CNTL_ERROR".

Since the exception was not intercepted by a superior

program, processing was terminated.

This is the Trace in ST22.

Regards,

Gopal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Is this BAPI related to SAPGUI....probably not for WDA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Thanks a lot for your reply. How do I know that this BAPI is only for SAP GUI and not for WDA? Because, I have used a similar FM "SAP_WAPI_SET_WORKITEM_COMPLETD" and it is not throwing any exception and works fine.

Regards,

Gopal.

Edited by: Gopal on Nov 23, 2009 11:35 AM

Edited by: Gopal on Nov 23, 2009 11:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the documentation of that BAPI you can find it is for SAPGUI only.

A work item is executed using SAPGUI, which necessitates a (remote) function call with dialog.

The others SAP_WAPI_SET_WORKITEM_STATUS and SAP_WAPI_SET_WORKITEM_COMPLETED are just returning the messages..

Edited by: Lekha on Nov 23, 2009 5:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Thanks a lot for your reply. What should I do if I want to Execute a Workitem in WD?

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Search for any classes related to workflow or any BOR(business obect) for the same..You can find them in the

workflow forum...

Former Member
0 Kudos

>What should I do if I want to Execute a Workitem in WD?

This really depends that what are you trying to achieve. What kind of work item are you trying to execute and how? Can you tell the business object and its method? You should proabably continue this discussion in the workflow forum, in which you have exactly the same question.

Regards,

Karri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

SAP_WAPI_EXECUTE_WORKITEM isn't a BAPI. Notice the name doesn't start with BAPI. Not every function module is considered a BAPI, nor safe to call from WDA or other non-SAPGUI frontends. The first line of documentation in this function module states the following:

A work item is executed using SAPGUI, which necessitates a (remote) function call with dialog.

Since it says right in the documentation that this uses the SAPGUI, then it really isn't going to be compatible with Web Dynpro.