cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while archiving faulty files in File Sender Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing some problem while archiving the faulty files using Sender File adapter.

I have configured the option in the File Sender Channel to archive the files to some

other location. I have configured some custom modules inorder to perform conversion.

My file adapter is not archiving the faulty files. Please help me in this regard asap.

Best Regards,

Surya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Did you check if you have write permissions in archive directory ?

What is the file adapter type? NFS or FTP?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I am using FTP Adapter. I have all the permissions but still I am unable to archive the file.

Can you please explain me the logic behind this option? How this archiving of faulty files works?

Regards,

Surya

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check note #1265534 Archive faulty files if you are using add time stamp mode.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To archive source files where a permanent error occurred during processing, select Archive Faulty Source Files.

A permanent error occurs either during the conversion of the file content, or in a module in the module processor.

More information: Adding MessageTransformBean in the Module Processor

-

Specify the Error Archive Directory.

---To add a time stamp to the archived file, select Add Time Stamp.

Check note #1265534 Archive faulty files does not work with add time stamp mode

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Edited by: Nithiyanandam A.U. on Nov 23, 2009 10:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I am not using the add time stamp when i opt for archive faulty file. But still the problem persists.

Please help.

Regards,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nityanand,

Thanks for your valuable information. How could you gaurantee to get the permanat error?

What do you mean by Permanent Error? Who is going to sent that error to File Adapter?

Please explain the mechanism behind this.

Regards,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you say a faulty file, the file should have failed processing in the adapter level itself i.e it should not get passed further into the integration engine. only then the parameter will work and archive the file

Since "Archive faulty file" works on Java stack, it will only archive files which have error in FCC or in module.

any other error (wrong XML,missing values etc ) won't be considered as error (since they are caught in message mapping on ABAP stack).

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Edited by: Nithiyanandam A.U. on Nov 23, 2009 11:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithiyanandam,

Thanks for your information.

I am performing some conversion mechanism in one of the custom module.

If the file which has been picked up the file adapter doesnt satisfy the format for converting, then

our custom module will throw the error/exception(i.e., ModuleException)

Now, I would like to know, How File Adapter will archive this file with the help of ModuleException?

Is there any method which archives the file with the help of ModuleException?

Please clarify my query.

Regards,

Surya

Answers (0)