cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build an adapter module in NWDS 7.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I started to work in NWDS 7.1 and I want to create a custom adapter module, however - it has completely different context menu items then the previous version and I am not able to build the ear file. I have created a EJB project, a class, but I am not able to get the ear. Can you please help me to continue from this point? Or do you know any guide how to create an adapter module in NWDS7.1?

Thanks a lot, Olian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Refer below document its explained,simple search in sdn you wil get this doc,,,,

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index;jsessionid=(J2EE3417500)ID1494558950DB01504425675464955468End?r...

Regards,

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

To get .ear file out of EJB Project, you have to deploy(publish) it using NWDS 7.1 in one of the J2EE engine.

Follow these steps to get .ear file.

1. In NWDS 7.1, go to menu bar -> window ->show View->servers

2. In servers view(tab), go to context menu ->new->server

3. Provide server's(J2EE engine) host name -> and then host(ip address or host name) and instance name

4. choose your EAR project from left hand side and add and press finish button.

5. then in servers tab, you see your configured server and below that your EAR project.

6. Now, select EAR project and in context menu, click 'Publish', it it start buid and deploying of your project in the J2EE engine.

7. While building this project, it would create .ear project and from the project path you can copy this .ear file.

former_member204873
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Olian,

After creating the EAR project in NWDS, we can deploy it on PI server in two ways:

1. Using NWDS ,, as explained by Rajendra.

2. Using JSPM:

a. Right click on the EAR project & under exports select SAP EAR file.

b. Created SDA file using CECTL & nwcetool. please follow PDF file available at installed NWDS 7.1 location i.e
Program Files\SAP\IDE\CE\eclipse\tools\nwcetool. Use createSDA command to create SDA file.

c. now deploy the SDA file using JSPM.

d. After deployment you can check in NWA -> Problem Management -> JNDI Browser -> local ejbs & search for JNDI you have given while creating EJB module.

Regards,

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys a lot,

Olian

Former Member
0 Kudos

to create the ear file of the project right click on the ear project - export - SAP EAR projct (or somethign like that) . it will create the ear file in your ear project folder.