cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business Connector - Apache / IIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have Business Connector currently running on Windows/Apache and we would like to switch to Windows/Microsoft IIS.

Does anyone know if this is possible and how we might go about it?

I have searched the Marketplace and SDN to no avail so any help/pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ashley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean with "Business Connector is running on Apache" ? BC is a standalone Java application, so I am wondering about the meaning. Do you mean that BC and Apache are communicating via HTTP for certain scenarios ?

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I assumed that Apache came with BC but I'm not sure.

Basically we use the BC as a Display Only service for certain data, it serves this through Apache as HTTP and BSP pages which as far as I know are all a part of Business Connector?

Thanks for trying to help, It seems there are not many people who know about or remember Business Connector anymore

Cheers,

Ashley

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, Apache does not come with BC. BC has included HTTP server functionality, and does not need Apache.

BC does not use BSP pages. It has pages with extension DSP.

I suggest you shut down Apache, and then call your URLs which you think are served by Business Connector. If they still work, you can forget Apache / IIS. If not, you will have to check how you have implemented the connection between BC and Apache.

Or you can post a sample URL which you are using.

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for the info, after a better understanding it seems it is Apache Tomcat that is running, not actually Apache HTTP server so I think from your information that BC server itself is the HTTP server, is this correct?

If so I think this is an invalid question and I will close it.

Thanks for your help,

Ashley

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then you can shutdown Tomcat, and then execute your URL's for displaying these data that you mentioned. Probably these will be handled by BC, yes. You will need to test it, to know for sure that the functionality is independent from Tomcat.

CSY

Edited by: Christian Sy on Nov 24, 2009 9:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for your advice I will try this asap and report the results back, it might useful for others.

Cheers

Ashley