cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Infrastructure and Process Integartion Naming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Please help me to understand the naming difference of " Exchange Infrastructure " and "Process Integration". For 3.0 is was called as Exchange Infrastructure and for 7.0 and 7.1 it's being called as Process Intergartion. i know thers difference betwen them, but why the name has been changed to PI.

please help me out

thanx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must have known that SAP has bought Business Objects company in 2007. Business Objects has a tool by name XI (Crystal reports).

So, to avoid confusion in names of two if its products/tools, sap has renamed XI to PI.

Also, all the things that Raja has mentioned are valid too.

It was a name change that is apt.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth talagana

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vemu ,

There is no special reson to name SAP Middleware as Exchange Infrastructure i guess,why they changed name to Process Integration from 7.0 is if you see architecture of SAP NEtweaver there are three components people Integration and information Integration and Process Integration.

previously Process Integration block we called as exchnage infrastructure,but SAP started calling Process Integration only.

Process Integration block contains Integration Broker and Bussiness process management.

Regards,

Raj