cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to deploy application created in SAP MI 7.1 on Mobile Device.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have developed a m employee application in SAP MI 7.1 through Netweaver Developer Studio running succesfully on mobile simulater.

I have also successfuly Installed SAP MI Client 7.1 on my mobile device.

Now I am struggling with how to deploy my application on mobile device.

Is there any way that I can simply copy the working project files from developer studio and paste them in Mobile Device to make the application work on mobile device as well.

or is there any other method to do this .

Please Suggest.

Regards

Nitesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

The application can be deployed in two ways

1. Server(DoE) deployment: Used mostly for application rollout to multiple devices.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/45/261a5d4f6a2b30e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Section Deploying Mobile applications to DOE.

2. Local Deployment: Used during application development to roll out to one/few device.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/8F/0B674240449C60E10000000A1550B0/frameset.htm

Section Developing Mobile Application for Handheld>Composing & testing the mobile applicaiton>Deploying the mobile application.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply. The answer was helpfull.

But the mainproblem is that due to network problems my mobile device is unable to synchronize with the MI server.

And the application I have created is lying in my development workstation.

So I wanted to ask that is there any alternative way through which we can directly copy the applictaion files from development workstation to Mobile device and make the application run without using synchronization.

please suggest,

Regards,

Nitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

Using local deployment as mentioned in the link above, the IDE will copy three files to the 'Inbox' folder on the client

a. DPI xml

b. MCD xml

c. SDA file.

Dont start the mobile simulator.Copy all the three files to the Inbox folder of the mobile device (after connecting it to the dev workstation).

Run the Client on the mobile device, the application will be deployed.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply. It was usefull.

I tried the steps suggested by you.

l copy three files to the 'Inbox' folder on the client

a. DPI xml

b. MCD xml

c. SDA file.

Actually the It has three applications .

1. Employee_ui. (UI)

2. Employee_sc.(Service)

3. Employee_app (The Main Application).

So I Copied all the 9 files (3 for each app) files to the Inbox folder of the mobile device (after connecting it to the dev workstation).

Then I tried running the Client on the mobile device.

After that It shows only the Employee_ui. (UI) Employee_sc.(Service) application.

The Employee_app (The Main Application) doesn't appear.

And as soon I click on any of the two Employee_ui. (UI) Employee_sc.(Service) application. It gives

Exception while loading the application.

Please Suggest.

Regards

Nitesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

Are Employee_ui & Employee_sc dependent on Employee_app(main application)?

I assume that Employee_ui & Employee_sc are Wedynpro application component & Employee_sc is not a service component created in Service explorer view in Mobile Applications for Handheld perspective.

Was Employee app created using 'Applicaton Explorer'? If yes then it wont be visible in the application launcher.

If no you can deploy the application again.The popup window displayed on launching the client shows the deployment status.

Regarding the exception while loading the application, Are you trying to display some data on first view of the application? Have you sync the device with DoE and got the data on the client?

You can also check the latest log & trace files under the log folder to know more about the error.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

<pre>

Hi Amit

Firstly I created the

1. Employee_sc Service in the Service Explorer

2. Employee_UI in the handheld UI explorer.<

3. Emplyee_app in the 'Applicaton Explorer' where I included both the service and the UI together.

Then I deployed all three in the default Mi location and tested in the simulater . It works fine in simulater.

In the First View of my application I am not displaying any data from the DOE.

In the first View I just have the butons to create, search and delete employee details.

In my whole application I am not using any data objects from the backend. The dataobjects are creted in the frontend (NWDS) only.

Now Instead of AWT I Installed JSP Container. It is now Showing The employee application.

But as soon as I click the application it gives the execption.

Error: 500

java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sap.tc.mobile.wdlite.framework.Start.isResponsible() at <br>com.sap.tc.mobile.wdlite.framework.Start.isResponsible() at <br>com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.framework.spi.FrameworkManager.findFramework() at <br>com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.framework.spi.FrameworkManager.startApplication() at <br>com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.jspui.MainServlet.LaunchApplication() at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.jspui.MainServlet.doHandleEvent() at <br>com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.doGetThreadSafe() at <br>com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.doGet() at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.jspui.MainServlet.doGet() at <br>com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.doPost() at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.jspui.MainServlet.doPost() at <br>com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.service() at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service() at <br>org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService() at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service() at <br>org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service() at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService() at <br>org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service() at <br>org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection() at <br>org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt() at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run() at <br>java.lang.Thread.run()

<br>The contents of Jscout File are :-

NSIcom Ltd., CrEme(tm)

CrE-ME J2ME(tm)

CrE-ME V4.12h B162.221008 22-Oct-2008

MemoryLimit=64000Kb

EBCI(TM) Interpreter V1.00,

Copyright 1998-2002 by Bytecodes, Inc.

java.io.IOException: SysCall : bind() failed

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind()

at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>()

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.console.MgmtConsole.initialize()

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.init.FrameworkInitializer.startManagementConsole()

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.init.FrameworkInitializer.init()

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.pda.Startup.main()

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: SysCall : bind() failed

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.console.MgmtConsole.initialize()

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.init.FrameworkInitializer.startManagementConsole()

Error starting the framework

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot initialize framework

CrEme jsPexit() called with status=1

Please Suggest.

Regards,

Nitesh

</pre>

Edited by: Nitesh Harit on Nov 24, 2009 1:30 PM

former_member53099
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

the mentioned problem seems to be similar to the one mentioned in the thread

<>

Its happening because the Jsp container and Eswt container are installed simultaneously.

In this case to install the client on a handheld device, following Cabs need to be installed along with CReme installation

1. pda_runtime_wince.CAB

2. db2e.CAB or mindb.CAB

3. pda_eswt_container.CAB

Please follow the below given link to read more about installing the mobile client

<http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/45/c2e027d3126bede10000000a11466f/frameset.htm>

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Vaidehi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Finally i deployed the application on mobile device and the application is working fine .The issue was instead of one container I installing two containers so the error was coming.

Regards,

Nitesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

The application can be deployed in two ways

1. Server(DoE) deployment: