cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing in SAP seemed too slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We're using SAP system for more than a year now. Everything was working quite fine until these past few weeks where my users are encountering slow responses with regards to printing of their documents. I've set a background job that will automatically remove all spooled requests older than 2 days. Likewise, I check the filesystem utilization and they are just 0f 70% and lower.

Can anybody help me where to check?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aurelio Tadlas,

encountering slow responses with regards to printing of their documents

I want to know solw performance with all the printouts or any particular tcodes?

I guess issue with particular tcodes, not every printout.

Generally abapers will configure output type for particular printouts (for example the tcode FBCJ). Your issue may related to the output type program. it may need to fine tune. You can trace this through ST05 - Performance trace.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

The trouble is with all printouts. I have several compains about invoice printing, Credit (and Debit) memo printing. Most of them are non-customized reports. The problem is, these troubles are intermittent. Sometimes, they are printing ok but most of the time, they took sometime before the printouts came out. Im aiming to determine what are the processes running during the times that printing is very slow. Are there any tcodes that I can use to effectively identify the cause of the slow performance?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are there any tcodes that I can use to effectively identify the cause of the slow performance?

Yes, you can do the performance trace through ST05.

But you need minimum knowledge before using this tcode.

Open the following link, you will get some idea on ST05.

[ST05 Performance Trace|http://anu-sapdiary.blogspot.com/2008/02/st05-performance-trace-overview.html]

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

Thank you very much for the helpful tip. I will go on with the review of the documentation.

Best regards!

alen_mikulic
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check the st03n spool statistics which should indicate the avg wait if this is high and in the workload overview if the average time is more than 1 secs.

This would indicate that your system has less number of spool work process allocated and also do a bit of tuning if necessary if your environment has lots of spool outputs being generated.

Further do a review of the type of spool servers/ spool type being used still meets your requirement.

Cheers Sam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can have help from the file at the link below,

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/f2dbc690-0201-0010-daa2-f52b947aa146&override...

Regards

ASADUZZAMAN