Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the R/3 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can anyone help me answering this question

we have different R/3 systems, how can I know wich R/3 is used to extract the data to Bw

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can go to RSA1 and check Source Systems and select one and Modify...then you could see the System Name and the IP of the server.....

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Go to u'r info source node there u can find out u'r sorce system as r/3 against that u can findout the tech name right.

Regards,

Vijayabhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you are looking for an R/3 system connected to a particular data extract, I assume a target (Cube, ODS, InfoObject) is in place or atleast the source system is there.

In transaction RSA1 -> InfoProvider ->Simply right mouse click on the target or the InfoSource and select "Show Data Flow". This would give you a graphical picture of data flow. Now you can see where the data is coming from at the very bottom.

In very complicated systems, you might not know what the logical name is referring to. In this case, click on the Source Systems in the left hand menu. And right mouse click on the source system name that appeared previously in Show Data Flow and select "Change". This would take you to the same area as SM59.

You can see all the details of that logical source system name including the IP address or the hostname.

Hope this helps...

Bilal

Former Member
0 Kudos

some or all of the R/3 systems might be connected.

-see rsa1->source systems..see which R/3 systems are configured as source systems to BW.

-check sm59 for RFC connections to the R/3 systems..

-if in a data load u want to check it is loading from which source system,in 1st tab of monitor entry there will be a line to show source system name.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont have authorization to enter in to SM 59 is there any other way to check it out, I want to load data from R/3 to Bw but when i come to BW source systems & i wan to replicate datasources i am notgetting on which R/3 system I have to do replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

The R/3 source systems in rsa1 will have a logical system id assigned and will show a symbol 'R/3' in a yellow-blue box.

All source system showing symbol R/3 are R/3 source systems.

Do u see multiple R/3 source systems in B/W?

U have changed datasource in the Dev R/3 box right?It will have a corresponding logical system name.See system id's and u can identify.

goto rsa1-tools menu-assignment of source system to source system id

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can find that in many ways. In the infosource you can see the source system assigned. In SM59 also you can see the destination system. I hope this will help you.