cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenario: no standing inventory

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

in this scenario, the client does not maintain standing inventory. its delivery trucks bring documents to the vendor, withdraws stocks then delivers the stocks directly to the customers.

my thinking is a workaround the standard SAP SD process, which could go something like this...

the client could use the PO to withdraw stocks from the vendor. the delivery/shipment documents could then be used for bringing the stocks to the customer. the client does goods receipt either upon withdrawal (assuming there is communication between vendor of the devliery team with the purchasing office) or upon return of delivery docs to the central office (together with goods issue). POD is an option.

however, i am concerned about loopholes and am wondering if there are better alternatives. is there a pre-configured scenario like this in SAP? if there is, it would make things easier and even better.

many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a third party scenario.

The scenario can be handled in 2 ways in standard SAP i.e

Third Party Scenario without Shipping notification

http://help.sap.com/bp_bl603/BBLibrary/HTML/114_EN_IN.htm

or

Third Party Scenario with Shipping notification

http://help.sap.com/bp_bl603/BBLibrary/HTML/107_EN_IN.htm

In the scenario descriped, The PO number will be required to be shared with Vendor.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

i guess i have to clarify this scenario.

sales organization BP01 sells to customer 100001. sales organization BP01's delivery team goes to vendor PB0011 to withdraw 1 truckload of goods. at this point, sales organization BP01 takes actual ownership and possession of the goods (hence, goods receipt).

the delivery team then ships the goods directly to customer 100001. no third party is involved in the delivery. goods issue is relevant to record cost-of-goods sold. billing is done after this and not after shipping notification or invoice verification. this is not a third party scenario.

i will also try to find out if there is a standard SAP scenario where all these can be done, perhaps without having to do GR and GI as separate actions, and instead are automatically done in the background or GR/GI are statistical.

many thanks for your patience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

Based on the clarification provided by you, It is not a Third Party Scenario, as iy is BP01 taking the Delivery from Vendor, but not doing an physical inward entry in the Plant of BP01, instead directly despatching the same to customer. What you want to do is a statistical Goods inward, for which ideally Goods issue is not recommended. It is not recommended as you cannot do statistical Goods Issue.

Though it is in practise not a Third party Scenario, but in Standard it can directly be linked to Third Party Scenario with shipment notification.

We had come accross the same scenario & handled the same as a regular purchase with regular goods receipt and regular order to cash cycle including Goods issue, though the material didnot come in the Plant physically. In system the material was physically received by plant and physically issued.

regards,

Rajesh banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

yes, i think you have my requirement exactly!!!

i agree that if GR is statistical as in shipping notification, there should be no goods issue. further, there would be no delivery relevant as third party assumes that delivery will be done by the vendor (which is not the case here).

let me check if it still is possible to create a outbound delivery with statistical GR and no GI and will post again. i am looking at a self-defined schedule line (VOV6). perhaps this should trigger an NB type PR, no movement type (for goods issue), relevant for delivery. i am still thinking what to put in item category and account assignment.

in the meantime, your inputs will be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

i am looking at schedule line CB. will let you know the results of the testing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understood, the process you want to have it Third Party Orders.

Eg:

You create the sales order.

Send a Purchase Requisition / PO to the vendor for stocks and delivery that to customer directly.

Do a statistical GR.

Invoice the customer.

Pay the vendor

If that's the case, then check below links for more information on that.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/e6/4a78e39e0311d189b70000e829fbbd/content.htm

http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/sd/third-party-order-processing.htm

http://sapsdforum.com/2007/10/23/third-party-order-processing/

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

no, it is not a third party situation.

in third party scenarios, you create a sales order and a third party does the delivery. you do not create a delivery in SAP for the third party transaction.

in the scenario i just described, the delivery is done by the distributor/seller. it's just that they take possession of the trading goods, but do not actually hold these in the distribution center or any plant. these are delivered from the manufacturer/vendor directly to the sold-to/ship-to.

many thanks, just the same.