cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information error in SNP Background planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While executing the SNP in background transaction, i am facing this information message again and again for different items

Component <material code> used in (000000011/000000010) level at location <location code> => No Planning

Could anyone throw some light on this

Thanks and regards,

Nalin Agarwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tibor_nagy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nalin,

In the standard system, you are able to maintain the maximum number of iterations for the component in the customizing of the SNP-Global Settings.

If the maximum number is exceed, the SNP-Heuristic will issues the message "Component & used in (&/&) level at location & => No planning" (Message no./sapapo/snp090).

Please check this setting.

The default value is 10 iterations. I assume in your system it is set to 99.

Regards,

Tibor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tibor,

Thank you for your response. This was the thing that i was missing out on. Infact the setting was 10, but since the same product was gettin planned multiple times, the iterations were exceeding 10, because of which it was showing the information message "no planning".

It would be great if you could help me understand better what is meant by these iterations. Because, lets say there is a semi finished product "X" which is a BOM component for 200 products, and i am planning all the 100 at the same time in the background run, does this iteration mean that "X" would be getting planned again and again 200 times which would lead to this message??

Thanks

Nalin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think F1 is pretty clear:

This parameter is used by the SNP heuristic. It defines the maximum number of planning iterations the system is allowed to make for a component; that is, it determines how frequently the SNP heuristic is permitted to plan the component. This component is a product that is used as an input product during production. The default value is 10 iterations.

You can set this parameter to avoid cycles during production process model (PPM) execution.

Rgds

SCMBEE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCMBEE,

I read the F1 help, but with respect to that i had asked the question that in case i set the value to max 100, and now in a single planning run i include more than 100 products which have product X as an input semi finished product, then would it not be planned for the products beyond the 100 number and i need to run the planning in two groupings so that the number of products using X is less than 100 ??

or else, what exactly is the significance of this number ? i do not quite understand what it means by "PPM execution" ...going literally it means that for the rest of the products the ppm would not be considered..??

Regards,

Nalin

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for your responses, but the issue still remains unresolved.

Thorough WUF i would find where all the product is getting used , but nowhere any information is mentioned about the codes that are coming like 00000010/000000011

Also, i checked for the material MRP type, all are mentioned as X0 which are being planned in APO. even on being X0 they are giving the information message

I checked the procurement type , its mentioned as F for the all the products

Thanks and regards,

Nalin

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nalin

Execute WUF transaction for that product and check where all that product is used. Once you get the list of master data objects in which that product is used , you can check each of them and find out what is going wrong

Thanks

Saradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nalin,

Please Check the following.

1. Product properties (/SAPAPO/MAT1) TAB in APO SDP relevance.

2. /SAPAPO/MAT1- Procurement tab- Procurement type ( It should not 'P').

3. Transportation lanes MOT aggregated planning Flag set or not.

Regards,

Kishore Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the MRP Type of the Material in R3.

ND - No Planning

PD - R3 Planned

X0- APO Planned.

Thanks,

nandha