cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyDMS development - Bug in the ICustomSearchPageAddin?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Customer has need for special search page for the documents in the EasyDMS. I checked the Addin interface and found the ICustomSearchPageAddin and ICustomSearchPage interfaces. After some trying I got new nice new custom made tab in the search. What I did was little bit of tweaking of the property page example in the Wiki. Basically I did this:

STDMETHODIMP CSearchAddin::raw_CreatePage( 
	long	pageIndex, 
	long	hWnd,
	struct IEasyDmsApplication * pEasyDms,
	struct ICustomSearchPage **poData,
	VARIANT_BOOL * pPageAvailable )
{
	AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState());	

CWnd * parent = CWnd::FromHandle((HWND)hWnd); // Get the parent window from  handle 

if(!pEasyDms || !pPageAvailable || !poData)
	{
		return E_POINTER;
	}

if ( pageIndex == 0) {
		CDialog *pTab = new GeneralSearchTab() ;
		pTab->Create(GeneralSearchTab::IDD,parent);
		CComObject<CGeneralSearch> *page = new CComObject<CGeneralSearch>;
		page->setWnd(pTab);
		page->AddRef();

*pPageAvailable = VARIANT_TRUE;
		*poData = page;

and so on.

In the CGeneralSearch I implemented:

STDMETHODIMP CGeneralSearch::get_hWnd ( long * pHwnd ){
	AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState());

if(!pHwnd)
	{
		return E_POINTER;
	}

*pHwnd = (long)m_page->GetSafeHwnd();
	return S_OK;

}

With one tab, this seems to work ok, but if I add more tabs (return more than 1 from the get_Pages method) the first custom tab will always crash when receiving any message (example WM_MOUSEMOVE). Crash happens in the explorer.exe process WalkPreTranslateTree method when calling the PreTranslateMessage.

BOOL PASCAL CWnd::WalkPreTranslateTree(HWND hWndStop, MSG* pMsg)
{
	ASSERT(hWndStop == NULL || ::IsWindow(hWndStop));
	ASSERT(pMsg != NULL);

// walk from the target window up to the hWndStop window checking
	//  if any window wants to translate this message

for (HWND hWnd = pMsg->hwnd; hWnd != NULL; hWnd = ::GetParent(hWnd))
	{
		CWnd* pWnd = CWnd::FromHandlePermanent(hWnd);
		if (pWnd != NULL)
		{
			// target window is a C++ window
			if (pWnd->PreTranslateMessage(pMsg))  <----------CRASH HERE
				return TRUE; // trapped by target window (eg: accelerators)
		}

// got to hWndStop window without interest
		if (hWnd == hWndStop)
			break;
	}
	return FALSE;       // no special processing
}

I did some debugging, and the handle hWnd is the correct handle of the CDialog I created for the tab. This only happens with the first created tab when there is more than one custom tab. If I don't return any hwnd in the get method for the dialog, I get one empty tab but the others work well. This definately seems to be some sort of bug in the interface when initializing the tabs.

Have anyone got this working? I tried with 6.0 and 7.0 and both fail same way.

Oh, and I think the search interface I badly designed. It is always calling the normal search first. It would be lot wiser to be able to disable the original search if using custom. Other option would be to provide the search result list in some interface so it could be filled with any own dialog.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member345274
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not tried with 2 tabs in ICustomSearchPage but had tried with for2 tabs for ICustomPropertyPage and it works fine.2 tabs with ICustomSearchPage should work if it works for one. Have you created seperate class for each instance for ICustomSearchPage derived object and have you created seperate classes for each instance of CDialog derived Instance.I think this is very much needed. Also if your GeneralSearchTab is upcasted to CDialog*, please do not do that.

Also about calling regular search.

You can overwride BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETLIST2 with your own implemetation of Z_EDMSBAPIDOC_GETLIST2. This will call Z_EDMSBAPIDOC_GETLIST2 instead of BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETLIST2 during a search. So if you do not need more UI elements in your search tab, you just need to overwride this.

But if you need UI elements, implement Z_EDMSBAPIDOC_GETLIST2 such that it returns no result.

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the answer.

I first tried this using two different tabs. I implemented GeneralSearch and AdvancedSearch classes implementing the ICustomSearchPage interface. I also created two different dialogs GeneralSearchTab and AdvancedSearchTab and referred them without upcasting (later on I used CDialog to test things). Both tabs showed ok but putting cursor over first one would crash the application immediately. I debugged and it is the windows messages that crashes it. I think the parent window (tab control?) is doing something wrong with the first tab. It seems that I can create as many tabs I want to and even use same class over again and it is only the first one that fails.

Well, I did lot of testing because there wasn't examples of this and no proper documentation of the API, so I might have had CDialog * upcasting there but I'm pretty sure that I first tried without upcasting.

Fortunately we found out that the other tab is not yet needed, so I can continue with the project. As I said, if I only create one tab, that works perfectly and we have already modified abap code for the extra fields we need.

I will try to test this again starting from scratch this weekend.

-Miikka-

Answers (0)