cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI taking 4-5 hrs to process 30000 records....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are loading MATMAS to ECC.... and got.. irritated to PI is taking 4-5 hrs to load 40000 iDoc

my input file contains... 10000 record.... for each record 4 MATMAS idoc are created....

only 50 fields per record i have......

Why it takes 4-5 hrs.... ?? we have used Custome Queue... for this interface....

is there any way to improve the performance....????

i am sure.. many of u have came across this problem.... please provide me a good solution.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As others said, you need to analyze how time and resources are spent during the process ! Have you performed "single" unit tests to measure whole performance of your scenario ? What kind of mapping are you using (java ? xlst ? graph. mapping ?) ?

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i am mappping the same source to 5 target Idocs...... we are basically creating material, the price, classification etc.

4 mappings are graphical.... and 1 is Java mapping....

anyway i will got thro' the PDF...

but.. generelly whatg we do to increase the performance???

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u tell if u r already using IDoc packaging

as a last option, u can try sending the data to ECC thru proxy and calling IDocs in the proxy code

Former Member
0 Kudos

How long does it take to perform a complete single document mapping ?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

IDOC packaging defenataly hlps you

Former Member
0 Kudos

we had some issue in Pi configuration,

After doing the performance tunning and server restart, performance increased sigificantly

Former Member
0 Kudos

This depends on many parameters.

1) is it waiting at PI side or it is taking time in processing at ECC ...application.

2) check processing at ECC, check your work processes / server load / resource consumption...

3) try idoc packaging.

4) read the above suggested guide for perf. tuning and apply the setting if required.

5) check your dbstatistics in PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

try IDoc packaging. it should help

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

R u using UDF'S?

Check the performance of UDF.

kenny_scott
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sam,

I don't know enough about your system to make suggestions but the guide -

[PI Best Practices: Sizing and Performance Tuning|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/2016a0b1-1780-2b10-97bd-be3ac62214c7]

should be useful.

Regards

Kenny