cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP inst screen disappeared

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Team

I am installing ERP2005 SR2 on windows server 2003. During installation at the phase of database creation,

The phase screen has disappeared when i check the sapinst screen, it is ok,

I also observed the CPU Usage is running. How i can get the phases screen again back.

Please help me.. as this is a critical stage.

Regards,

Bhaskar.T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem. In my case, there was an error during the checking of the database connectivity. The error control of SAPinst didn't catch this return code and just crashed with no message.

We finally checked that all our configuration was right, checked the DB connectivity with external tools and rerun SAPInst. As the error was corrected, it started the next phase normally.

Regards

Francisco

gurudath_pai
Explorer
0 Kudos

I had faced same kind of problem.

If the process is running then you need not do anything.

Just go into tmp folder and check update of logs and sort using the latest modified time/date.

Whenever the screen halts for a input on SAPINST screen the log will display the same.

You can then kill the running sapinst process and start again with the new screen.

The beauty of SAPINST is that it will allow you to start from the same phase.

Regards,

Gurudath

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Will suggest to wait until you will not find any change in sapinst.log.

Let all the task get complete in background.

Afriad if you do any thing , i should not distube the installtion.

Thanks

Anil

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did you check in Task manager is there any task related to sapinst is running or not.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have checked in task manager and the cpu usage is going on. Even i check the sapinst .log it is also changing..

Regards,

Bhaskar.T