Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer prints Smartform below on consecutive pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The problem i'm facing is as follows:

My smartform gets printed correctly just on the first page, on the second page the text drops below by 0.8 cm and on the third page the text is printed 1.6 cm below w.r.t to the position on the first page and so on.... The page layout of the printer is A4 but it's of continuous length (Paper roll). When using a normal A4 printer my smartform is printed correctly for all the pages.

Kindly please advise, is there something which i need to change in the printer settings? or can i do the configuration in the transaction spad? Since for my smartform users will be using only this printer.

regards,

asish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue must be due to the Page Format that you are using. Check the length and width of Page format (which u r using) in SPAD. It must be exactly same as that of A4 size paper. Since the paper that u r using to print have a different dimensions, you are bound to get this issue.

Remedy:

In SPAD, please create a customized page format with the exact dimensions of the paper that you will be using to print. Attach that customized page format to the device type that you are using. Finally use this page format in your smartforms.

This will resolve your issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Nadim

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks nadim, your answer was the solution; in fact for the printer being used, the page dimension had not been specified in SPAD;

regards,

asish

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the end of first page or beginning of the second pages are there any command which have blank lines..

in that area try to remove all the blanks text, may be they are getting called..