cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry and Quotation should not link with customer and material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I have a doubt in Inquiry and Quotation, the requirement at the client is when they do the inquiry and quotation they should able to type the customer and they should able to put the material in the inquiry without having any link with the customer and material master.

The scenarios is, the client recives the RFQ from any xyz customer and they will give the list of the material say around 100 , the client is saying this Inquiry and quotation may not be materialize into an order .. so they are asking if i need to enter the material and the customer which might not be materialze into an sales why should i have to enter the customer and the material in the resecptive master and then create the inquiry and quoation

Is there any possibility that the inquiry and quotation can be done without having the rescepective master ?

with regards

kumaresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can create Inquiry or quotation without material master and customer master. Create a customer under "Customer Account Group CPD (One time Customers). Say you have created one customer 5000 under this.

When you want to enter an Inquiry, enter 5000 in the customer field; it will ask the name of the customer; there you enter the enquirer name. Dont enter anything in the "Material" field. Enter the quantity only; Enter the description of the enquired material. Now you can save the document.

Regards,

K Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi , thanks for the update,

but my problem is there are material which are developed based on the customer requirment so some times the customer will ask for those which is not produced by the client and based on the RFQ for the customer the company has to enter

So if i enter the material description in the description column since the system takes AFTX as item category , there is no possiblity to enter the pricing .. the conditons is appearing in grey mode.. becasue the AFTX Item detail have pricing in grey mode.

How to have pricing for the material which is not maintained in the material master

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think, you will have any price at the time of Inquiry of the product which is not produced by the Cleint.

It seems, you are just away from the exact requirement.

At the time of Inquiry of any product ( either produced by company or not), it doesnt have any pricing terms . After checking the feasibility of the product by taking various parameters in considertaion, if client decides to go for the production of the existing or new product based on customer requirement. Then they analyse the product & manufacturing / assembling process including relevant raw materials needed,estimate other costs such as production, labour, variable , after complete analysis client prepare a quotation & release it to Customer, which is general practise in any Manufacturing industry.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you are receiving RFQ from Existing Customer , you can very well entere the Customer Number. If this RFQ is from some prospective, then you dont need to create any Customer Master instead you can go for one time Customer / Dummy Customer route.

In Inquiry, you dont need to have Material Master to be created. you can directly enter the description without any Material code, system will consider it as Text item. But when you create Quotation, you need to enter Material code, it is because , when you release quotation to the Customer / Prospective Customer. It is obivious that this quotation prepared against to which product ?

so at the time inquiry , you dont need to create material master, but before Quotation material should be Created - as per provided std Customization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi , thanks for the input

for one time customer or dummy customer its has to be configured something like giving a dummy number and that number will be further processed when the customer turns into prospective then only the sales order will be processed right ..

and regarding the how the materilal to be entered in the inquriy should i have to assign to my inquiry AFTX item category , becasue when i tried by putting a material it is saying this particular material is not defined to the concerned sales area..

and one more doubt can alpha numberic is possible in the inquiry for the material since as you are saying that any material ican be entered in the material column

can u explain on this

with regards

kumaresh

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for one time customer or dummy customer its has to be configured something like giving a dummy number and that number will be further processed when the customer turns into prospective then only the sales order will be processed right ..

Once Prospective turned into actual customer, then you will create record for this Customer. This number can be replaced in Order.

and regarding the how the materilal to be entered in the inquriy should i have to assign to my inquiry AFTX item category , becasue when i tried by putting a material it is saying this particular material is not defined to the concerned sales area..

Maintain the "Text" in Short description column. Guess you are trying to enter in Material Column.

and one more doubt can alpha numberic is possible in the inquiry for the material since as you are saying that any material ican be entered in the material column

In the Inquiry, you will enter only text in "Short Description" Column, not in the Material Column. So you can maintain Alpha Numeric in Inquiry.