cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see his own message in service desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I configured service desk in Solution Manager, End user creating message in satellite system(R3) and message is creating in Solution Manager service desk. but enduser not able to see his message using t-code CRM_DNO_MONITOR, even if the user having SAP_ALL also he is unble to see his own meesage.

Hopefully someone can help me on this issue

Thnaks in advance

Regards,

Raju M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot ...

issue Solved...

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you assign the user to a business partner?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Yes, I assigned the User to Business Patner.

strange thing is if we create the User ID in the normal procedure and after maintaining BP and all, that user ID unable to see messages. But if we create the user ID by copying form another user ID(the user ID which can able to see the messages), then this user ID also can see the messages.

Regards,

Raju M

former_member694070
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you assigned the S_RFCACL and S_RFC objects to the user?. This is not included in SAP ALL.

I hope this will solve your issue.

Regards

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kumar,

Thanks for your response...

Both Objects are assigned, but still if we create a new user, user unable to see the messages.

Regards,

Raju M

former_member694070
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

First you have to create the USER ID and then assign the USER ID in business partner by chossing the business partner role Employee.

After save, please make sure that the USER ID is available in the BP.

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for the response.

User is created as suggested by you, still not able to see their messages.

Any other setting i need to check?

Regards,

Raju M

former_member385033
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we had similar issues, it could be a user buffer issue. please check SAP note 615670, item 2) Only for 1 user. With the described customizing setting you can control the behavior of the user buffer for a certain user (using table SMOFPARSFA and user parameter CRM_RF_PERFORMANCE )

First maintain table SMOFPARSFA. Try to set CRM_RF_PERFORMANCE = B for your user, and logon again.

Please also check this [;.

Best Regards,

Holger Slomka