cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while accessing CSadmin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have installed Content server 640 on SUSE Linux 10 SP2 without selecting the SAP DB option as i wanted to store all my files on FILE SYSTEM.

My filesystem is as below

======================================================================================================

kmdqp:~ # df -h

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/sda1 9.9G 3.1G 6.3G 34% /

udev 18G 88K 18G 1% /dev

/dev/sda3 286G 260M 271G 1% /usr/sap

======================================================================================================

kmdqp:/usr/sap # ls -ltr

total 36

drwx------ 2 root root 16384 Nov 18 23:47 lost+found

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Nov 19 03:12 dmscs

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Nov 19 03:18 dmscsc

drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4096 Nov 19 15:17 apache_1.3.27

drwxrwxrwx 14 dqpcs sapsys 4096 Nov 19 22:55 dqpcs

drwxrwxrwx 14 dqpcs sapsys 4096 Nov 19 22:55 dqpcsc

====================================================================================================

Now my question are

1) DO i need to install SAPDB(MaxDB), it is mandatory or can i store my documents at the file sytem level without the SAP DB.

2) When i run the tx-code CSadmin and goto any TAB it asks me for a userid and passwd, i give <sid>cs and <sid>csc user and their respective passwords, but i get the below error

HTTP error: 401 Authorization Required Bad local password for user dqpcs

Message no. CMS025

Diagnosis

Error in accessing via HTTP

401 Authorization Required

Bad local password for user dqpcs

Can you please help in this.

And my dqpcs and dqpcsc users home directory is changed to /usr/sap in the etc/default/useradd file during the installation.

Can anyone help on this please.

Thanks and regards

BasoKing

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member66264
Contributor
0 Kudos

1) no sapdb needed at all

2 )security on sapcs is working a bit different.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/4c/c623476721e0448cb0028cf3fd5ecb/frameset.htm

have a look here for security

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/91/bd7cd7d86ead41afeb02bbb65e818d/frameset.htm

Access restrictions or permissions for the ini file of the Content Server can be set during the installation routine (see installation instructions in SAP Content Server Installation Guide on the SAP Server Components2 CD). To activate access restriction, the variable AdminSecurity=1 has to be set in the INI file. In this case, a password is requested when the user branches to the Content Server Administration screen, as well as in individual areas of the CSADMIN transaction. You do not have to repeat the password until you launch Content Server Administration again.

create you user in unix in the correct group, set the parameter and off you go !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nico Bresseleers,

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply, but unfortunately in my cs.conf file the parameter values are already like below

AdminSecurity=1

AdminSecurityGroup=sapsys

I have restarted the apache server quite a few times now, but it looks no use.

Just for your information, the below are the steps i used to install the Content Server

1) Logged in as root

2) Created users <sid>cs and <sid>csc users and assigned to sapsys group (created by me)

3) Changed the default user home directory to /usr/sap

4) Started the installation as root

5) After successful completion the server, changed the file and group permissions of the <sid>cs folder to dqpcs:sapsys with 777 permissions.

As suggested by you i have checked the cs.conf file and the parameters are intact, for your reference the content of the cs.conf file are

[ContentServer]

TraceLevel=warning

AdminSecurity=1

AdminSecurityGroup=sapsys

ContRepRoot=/usr/sap/dqpcs/contrep

ContentStorageHost=@StorageHost@

ContentStorageName=@StorageName@

StorageDriver=FSStorage

PSEDir=/usr/sap/dqpcs/security

=======================================================================================================

I request you to kindly assist further so that i can solve this and hand over the server to the functional consultants.

Your help is most appreciated

Thanks and regards

BasoKing

former_member66264
Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks you did everything correct:

Can you confirm you can logon to unix with these 2 users?

It could be that you ran into this error:

Note 936415 - Content Server AdminSecurity With Shadow Passwords

Make sure the hashed password is in /etc/passwd ( maybe you have to copy it maually from /etc/security/passwd to /etc/passwd)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nico,

I have solved my error by changing the AdminSecurity value to 0 in the csconf file, but i am back to point 1 with a different error, as you know i have chosen FILE system as the storage type using a EXT3 file system

Now on the Create button in the CSAdmin i dont see the correct path to the Content Repository location which is /usr/sap/dqpcs/contrep and also i see that the host name is localhost. I manually change those to desired fields and try to save it and get the below error..

=====================================================================================================

HTTP error: 500 Internal Server Error Cannot create Repository: SQLConnect failed, [SAP AG][LIBSQLOD SO][MaxDB] Unable to connect to data

Message no. CMS025

Diagnosis

Error in accessing via HTTP

500 Internal Server Error

Cannot create Repository: SQLConnect failed, [SAP AG][LIBSQLOD SO][MaxDB] Unable to connect to data

=====================================================================================================

Somewhere it is checking for MaxDB parameters, can you please assist me on the same.

When i check the configuration file the parameter DRIVER = FSStorage only.

Can you please guide me thru

Thanks and regards

BasoKing

former_member66264
Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as you understand there is now no security ! I would reco to chagne back to 1 when you are finished with creating the new contrep. the error is coming (almost sure) from the missing /etc/passwd entry.

I have no longer access to CS servers and there tools, so i have to do it "in memory"

in cs.conf

StorageDriver=FSStorage

should do the trick ( on unix)

parameters on wintel and unix are not all compatible or working ( snapshot for example) , but since you run on suse , you should be ok.

if i remember well l: just one thing:

you have /usr/sap/dqpcs/contrep

if you create a new repo "test" , you should only specify "test" , you will have to create a subdir under /usr/sap/dqpcs/contrep/

/usr/sap/dqpcs/contrep/test -> should exist (

What fiels did you change exactly when creating the new repo?

Can you verify in csadmin under settings, the default values?

the error is comming from trying to connect to Sql ( which you don't need) , so fix that first

Good luck

Niico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you would like to use SAP Content Server on Linux (UNIX) and store your documents on a file system you don't need to install SAP DB at all.

Problem is that when you would like to create a new repository via CSADMIN SAP starts with some default values for a SAP DB.

These standard parameter values need to be overruled.

Therefore check following SAP Note 586895 - SAP Content Server for UNIX (composite SAP note).

Read point 4/ very carefully and check everything on your system ! ! !

Also check the Content Server admin guide where to set the parameters (some are on the level of the repository, some are on the level of the content server).

After setting the parameters in CSADMIN, also check the cs.conf file that was edited on UNIX level.

Example of a cs.conf file (simple version) for a Linux CS with repository on a filesystem :

[ContentServer]

TraceLevel=warning

ContRepRoot=/home/CS

StorageDriver=FSStorage

[contRep-SDN]

Security=0

ContRepDescription=Content Server SDN Example

In this example the Content Repository name is "SDN", same name used in CSADMIN.

Following filesystem has to exist "/home/CS/" + "SDN" - /home/CS/SDN otherwise it will not work.

I hope this helps.

Wim

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nico and Wim,

You both did the trick for me i have solved my problem by doing the below

changed the parameter values

ContRepRoot = /usr/sap/dqpcs/contrep

StorageDriver = FSStorage

in the CSAdmin tx-code under the Settings tab.

I have awarded the max points to you both. Million thanks for the same and sorry for the late reply.

REgards

BasoKing

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member66264
Contributor
0 Kudos

1) no sapdb needed at all

2 )security on sapcs is working a bit different.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/4c/c623476721e0448cb0028cf3fd5ecb/frameset.htm

have a look here for security

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/91/bd7cd7d86ead41afeb02bbb65e818d/frameset.htm

Access restrictions or permissions for the ini file of the Content Server can be set during the installation routine (see installation instructions in SAP Content Server Installation Guide on the SAP Server Components2 CD). To activate access restriction, the variable AdminSecurity=1 has to be set in the INI file. In this case, a password is requested when the user branches to the Content Server Administration screen, as well as in individual areas of the CSADMIN transaction. You do not have to repeat the password until you launch Content Server Administration again.

create you user in unix in the correct group, set the parameter and off you go !