cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ;

I am trying to connect to XI Server through VPN connectivity .I am getting Authorization Error.

Can anyone tell list of things required for XI installation and working . Lists of ports need to be opened . Exact version of JRE and the files where we need to make entries for XI to work.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

As far as I Know, there is no connection between your VPN connectivity and getting an 'Authorization error' when connecting to the XI server. A VPN connectivity is just to connect to an outside network, and has nothing to do with the Xi server.

Why dont you check your username/password, and as to whether your port is correct?

cheers,

Prashanth

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you trying to access XI system in different Network, you need to open the firewall of that

Network and SAP default ports to be open are 3200-3299, 3300-3399, 3600-3699, and 4800-4899.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have auth error this does not always mean

that you have auth issue:

have a look at this sap Note:

801868 Java(TM) Web Start in XI 3.0: FAQ/Troubleshooting

>>>>Exact version of JRE

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

REF :

/message/660107#660107 [original link is broken]

I had a similar problem sorted out using a VPN connection.

Also REF (trouble shooting) : /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/13/unable-to-open-iresrid-xipipi-71-updated-for-pi-71-support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have the port 50X04 opened? IR / ID need this port.

Try this:

On a machine with direct connectivity with XI, open IR / ID and after it gets successufully connected, do a netstat which will give you a list of all open ports with XI server.Somewhat similar to following format

TCP YOURDESKTOP:LOCAL_PORT XI_SERVER:<b>REMOTE_PORT</b> ESTABLISHED

list down all the remote ports and make sure you have no firewall restrictions on those ports when you connect from VPN.

-- Amol