cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not picking up source file. pls help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi frnds,

i got installed ides sap abap and java dual stack on my laptop i.e sap ecc with portal and pi/xi. xi xlient is 001 and abap client is 800. i've created a simple scenario of text file to xml file for the first time. in design and configuration i've done all the necessary steps and also activated the change list without any issues. but from source directory , its not picking up my simple txt file only. i think its not recognizing it. could you pls tell me should we need to do some initial configuration in backend or need to provide any roles for any PI user. i'm using pisuper user only everywhere. when i go to sxmb_moni transaction and could see there are no processed xml messages only. its just empty. i'm doing it in my system for first time after installation. i think some initial configuration is missing. after starting SAP server from MMC, i'm just opening xi home page and did my scenario. pls help me.

thanks,

giri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked Communication channel monitoring and didn't find any log or details. it shows communication channel has been configured properly and working fine. but 'Integration Engine' is RED with showing errors 'Connection with SLD failed'. I suspect that Integration Engine is not connected with SLD and business systems are unable to send any messages to Integration Engine. I searched some other threads and found that there are some RFC connections to be checked like SAPSLDAPI and also Tcode SAPSLDCUST. but i've never done this before. I checked and found that SLD is started and running fine. but its not been connected to Integration Engine. is that the cause for the problem which i'm facing. i'm able to create products,technical systems and business systems in SLD without any isues. also in Configuration:Integration Directory, i'm able to import business systems which I've created in SLD and also created communication channels for them. how i'm able to import business systems if SLD is not connected??? has anybody faced similar problem like this before??? please help me

thanks,

giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

try the transaction code SLDCHECK in the PI system and c if the report shows any error and if you can connect to the SLD

former_member200962
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had faced similar problem. Check the following.

1. Is Integration Server registered in SLD as Business System?

2. In SXMB_ADM in PI system check what is the Business System assigned in Integration Engine Configuration. http://(domain):(port)/sap/xi/engine?type=entry should be present to call the IE.

3. Check in SICF transaction adapter plain service is activated.

Basically call to IE is not happening. I suspect. Try it out and hope it helps.

Regards,

Anand Patil

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

one easy way is to configure a ftp server on ur machine and use it for your scenarios - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

for monitoring use;

RWB -> Communication channel monitoring

RWB -> Message monitoring

SXMB_MONI

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

file is been picking up by integration server but not coming to integration engine only for translation.

In this case message will not be displayed in SXI_MONITOR.

Go to transaction SXMB_ IFR -

RuntimeWorkbench- -

Message monitoring----- CommunicationChannelMonitoring

Check what log is shown by communication channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i changed the file permissions of source directory where i'd kept me text file to be picked up by integration engine for translation and its picking up now. but problem still persists as its not translating my text file to xml file and also i checked for (using sxmb_moni) 'Processed xml messages' and couldn't find any. file is been picking up by integration server but not coming to integration engine only for translation. i dunno where is the problem. when i checked 'Test for SLD connection' and its showing there's no connection with SLD. is that the problem???? PISUPER user has all SLD related roles in backend.

thanks,

giri

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check whether file adapter parameters are properly maintained.

Then go to RWB - Communication channel monitoring and see the log for that particular communication channel.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the status of your File channel?....it may not be activated/ it may be stopped/ incorrect source directory details/ no connectivity with the source folder....error message, if any, will be displayed in the channel monitoring

Regards,

ABhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giri,

Check if the folder is properly mounted by opening transaction AL11 in PI server.

Can u please mention ur File adapter config so that we can have a look..and also ur file location in AL11

regards,

Piyush