Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data import issue in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario is CRM->PI->MDM

The message successfully processed from PI system to MDM but it is not imported in MDM Data Manager and file placed in the archive folder in MDM directory.

Can please let me know what is the problem in MDM. your inputs is more appreciative.

Regards,

Raghava.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mraghava ,

you can have a lot of reason, I would like to suggest you to check the log file in the console or in the file system in order to understand if some errors occurred. Then, please, check the port status, is it locked? Have you tried to use the import manager manually in order to understand if you have some problem in the mapping?

Hope the above inputs help you to solve the problem.

Best Regards.

Vito

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

File Placed in the archive folder in MDM directory - does this mean you have set the path of the Archives folder (present in the server folder of MDM installable) in PI. If yes, then you need to set the path to the Ready folder of the Port present in the desired remote system and set the port processing to Automatic.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

former_member189669
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghava,

Please check the following -

1. Refresh datamanager to view the latest records.

2. Review import map > Check for appropriate field and value mappings . Ensure that lookup values are mapped to legal destination values / text values are auto-converted.

3.Use appropriate matching field(field storing unique values).

4.Review the source file received from PI - check for legal values. In-appropriate/missing values might cause successful imports ,but, with no data.

Regards,

Vinay M.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghava,

check the Configuration options in import manager. If the option for "auto map unmapped values" and "Unmapped value handling " options are not correctly set. such problems can occur.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You could also open the map and go to Matching Tab.

Check the import action, it could be set to Skip.

Thanks.

Regards.

Yaron.