Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data upload problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,all:

Now I face the problem as follow:

1.The delta upload can not run automatic finished.I can find some course in <b>SM58</b>,How to solve this problem? Can you give me some helps?

2.When I delta upload,system message like this:

<i>Processing in Warehouse timed out; processing steps mising

Diagnosis

Processing the request in the BW system is taking a long time and the processing step Second step in the update has still not been executed.

System response

<DS:DE.RSCALLER>Caller is still missing.

Procedure

Check in the process overview in the BW system whether processes are running in the BW system under the background user.

If this is not the case, check the short dump overview in the BW system.</i>

What is wrong with the data upload and how to solve it? Can you give me some advice?

Regards&Thanks!

zagory

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check these links:

and

hope it helps

Regards,

Dhanya

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,A.H.P:

The connection between two systom is OK.I do the test in <b>SM59</b>.

Regards&Thanks!

zagory

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Zagory,

make sure you test with 'test authorization' (not 'test' only) since user/password may not be checked with 'test' only.

can know when you go to trfc (sm58), any message in 'status text' ?

check the background user has correct type ?

and resources are sufficient ? oss note 555229.

sm58->go to qout scheduler->go to qrfc resources ?

any basis guy there can help ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can reduce the data package size in the infopackage and see if it works than. (In the infopackage, in the menu Scheduler --> data settings for default transfer --> enter values lower than the default).

Timeouts can occur if there are not enough background processes defined - might be worth a check with your Basis Peolple.

-Shreya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Kumar:

Today I find a delta upload (name: A) runing one hour in monitor.The other job can not runing start.I see no error in <b>ST22</b>.

I manually do the job in <b>SM58</b> in source system for the upload A. Is there something affect the delta upload? Can you give me advices?

Regards&Thanks!

zagory

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Zagory,

make sure connection to source system is maintained properly.

what's you finding in sm58 ? what's 'status text' there ? (hope not 'user/password not valid' etc).

ask basis help.

try sm59, choose your source system, and menu test->test authorization'.

do rsa1->source system->right click your source system and 'restore'. ('check' and 'activate' if necessary).

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,A.H.P:

Now I find some course in <b>SM58</b>,run more time than before. I check the RFC connection is OK.Is thers something wrong? Or how to find out the problem with course run slowly?

Regards&Thanks!

zagory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zagory,

I think at the time of this particular job starting there are other jobs running with Background User Owner or there might be other background jobs running with Priority A . SO try to reschedule the JOb at some later point in time where system is less busy ......or one more option is to try to increase the System Dialog run Time in RZ10 transaction ...Ask ur basis team they will do for you ...

But try first option first......

Assign points if it helps.....

Regards,

Vijay.

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Zagory,

as suggested by the message, try to check

(you can check all these in monitor of the request, menu 'environment')

1. process overview (SM50) if any process running under your background user (normally ALEREMOTE, you can know the background user with rsa1->settings->global settings->glob. setting_>BW User ALE, or SE16 table RSADMINA, field BW_USER.

2. if there is no process, there may short dump occured, run ST22 to check.

3. check also SM37, job name BI_REQU any active job running, if job finished, try display the job log.

and system log SM21.

hope this helps.