Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not create JCOClientConnection for logical System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Now and then our web dynpro applications show the next error:

"Could not create JCOClientConection for logical system. Please assure that you have configured the RFC connections and/or logical system name properly for this model".

It only happens when the user's activity increases.

I have already made a research about this topic at the forum and I have found that it could be provoked by an inefficient use of JCo connections. Based on this information I checked our JCo Destinations and I realized that all our destinations use the "defined user" authentication in the production environment. Do you consider that this type of authentication could be responsible of the errors presented in our applications?

Should we consider implement other type of authentication such as Client Certificate or SAP logon ticket? I have read some tutorials and all of them state that "defined user" authentication is usually used only in test and development enviroments.

Which authentication mode do you recommend?

It should be highlighted that our webdynpro applications began with a low load but It has been increasing since then.

I really appreciate any help

Best Regards

Gerardo Silva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I tried your suggestion about changing the capacity settings of the pool and it seems like the error has gone away. Right now the application load has decreased so I will wait that the load increases again in order to confirm it. For now I´m assuming the solution worked.

Thank you very much

Best regards

Gerardo Silva Mendoza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerardo,

Check:

[ https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/user-interface-tec... to Configure the JCo Destination Settings] again. It says that the connections are ' per user '.

To get the connections working you should at least LOWER the connection pool, probably also LOWER the maximum amount of concurrent connections.

J

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerardo,

Please check logon group in sap sytem (SMLG) and undate if required and restart, which is used in JCO destination creation.

Also please refer to below document :

[System Landscape Directory Process and JCo Configuration|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0c1d495-048e-2b10-babd-924a136f56b5?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

[WDJ - Adaptive RFC (SLD and JCO)Troubleshooting Guide|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0019b1a-775f-2910-beb8-d81f27d0d8d0?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerardo we have the same problem.

we have created a new JCO for our application and we have updated the values for connection I hope this solve the problem, but I'm not sure.

did you solve your problem with this, or you have implemented another option?

regards

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerardo Silva

Have your destinations use JCo Connection Pool? If so have you checked Max Capacity settings of the pool?

BR, Siarhei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siarhei Pisarenka,

Yes, I have already checked the settings of the pool.

These are the values

Maximum Pool Size: 100

Maximum Connections: 100

Connection Timeout: 30,000

Maximum Waiting Time: 60,000

The authentication method used is "DefinedUser".

We have 15 applications running on our portal and all of them use the same JCo Destination.

Each application has it own model and we can have 150 users using the applications at the same time.

I really appreciate your help

Best Regards

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

>Each application has it own model and we can have 150 users using the applications at the same time

In the case the values Maximum Pool Size: 100 & Maximum Connections: 100 look too small. Try to increase the two parameters.

BR, Siarhei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siarhei Pisarenka,

I'll try your suggestion and let you know if it worked. Just one more question. Do you know if there is an upper limit to these values?

It seems that at least for the "Maximum Pool Size" the upper limit is 100. For the "Maximun Connections" I'm not sure.

Thank you so much for your help

Gerardo Silva