cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

skip the stock init when loading stock into BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Is it necessary to load 2LIS_03_BX (stock init) when loading stock into BW?

I do not need to see the "historical stock" since the go-live of the system (last monday). I only need to see what we have in stock from today and forward...

Will it be sufficient if I load 2LIS_03_BF and 2LIS_03_UM?

I need to see the stock also with zero quantity in BW...

Best regards,

Fredrik

Message was edited by: Fredrik Carlsson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fredrik,

You can skip or avoid the BX load in this case.

Loading BF will load all material documents and you can still manage without BX.

Most important thing in this case would be, you would have to use the marker update in case of firt BF load compression( you would not have updated the marker in the first BF load when you used BX). so the infopackage setting in case of compression of first request in BF would be different as compared to use of BX and BF.

Hope it helps..

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all!

But excactly what does "historical" stock mean?

- I only need to see the exact stock balance per material from today.

- The go-live of both BW and ERP was last monday. I don not require to see any stock change before this date (actually I don't need to see any stock change before today...)

- There was a conversion at go-live performed which updated stock (from old system into R/3 MM). This was based on regular MM documents (goods movements)...

Will I really have the correct values, or will I miss anything initial?

When I looked into the cube (standard report) after the BF-init load, I noticed that I could see the stock movements from the date of the go-live up until today. Isn't this strange since I have not loaded any historical stock? I expected to see the correct stock value, but only from today's date..?

Best regards,

Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fredrik,

Historical stock is the one in the past which you dont need as per your post!!

Anything that comes in R/3 by virtue of material documents will be loaded to BW. So you donot worry about missing of any documents.

Where did you apply the date filter? If there is no filter applied either during the setup run or during initialisation load in BW, all the documents in the system will come in BW!!

On giving it a thought, i wonder why would you not want the material docs in your R/3 for last week to come in BW?

thanks and hope it helps..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aby!

It's ok if I get the stock in the system per date of go-live... That's the situation now it seems when checking in the standard reports... (only 2LIS_03_BF and ..._UM are loaded - not ..._BX).

I think all stock conversion documents were posted with posting date of the go-live. So the there doesn't exist any historical stock in R/3?

Btw, I applied no date filter at all during init run or setup of ..._BX and ..._UM, so I assume everything is in..

Best regards,

Fredrik

Message was edited by: Fredrik Carlsson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fredrik,

if you have not applied any filter, be assured that everything is in.

take care to schedule deltas and start pulling delta's henceforth.

also check out the marker settings!!

Dont worry about BX as you won't need it anytime now..

UM should be mapped exactly as BF.

Hope it helps..

thanks,

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

CAN U PLS GIVE STANDARD LIS STEPD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fredrik,

2LIS_03_BX does not load historical material posting into your BW system, instead it loads current material stock balance. If you do not need material posting of last week, then maybe you can try this:

1. Collect stock balance using 2LIS_03_BX in R3.

2. Load stock balance 2LIS_03_BX into BW. (This will provide you the stock balance).Compress it with "no marker update" unchecked.

3. Initialize delta of 2LIS_03_BF without historical data.

4. Initialize delta of 2LIS_03_UM without historical data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Definitely its fine if you do not use the Initial Stock Loads via 2LIS_03_BX, BW will assume the initial stock to be "0".

Here onwards you can start off with init of the 2LIS_03_BF and then Delta's.

Hope it helps,

Pradip Parmar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In that case you update Cube with 2LIS_03_BF and 2LIS_03_UM with marker update.

That will do.

Rgds,

Ravindra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fredrik,

If you do not want to load historical stock, you need not use BX. In this way, your historical stock level will be treated as zero and the movements loaded through BF (and UM) will build the stock level.

Regards,

Praveen