cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass user copy with respective authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the coming days we have to perform the following task, I would like to know which would be the best option to go with.

From our development system we have to copy all unlocked users with respective roles to our new project environment.

There are total 5 clients in the system, and around 1000 'Z' roles in each client and about 300 unlocked users in each client. The roles are same in both environment, but user assignement is different.

I have to perform this task in 1 business day, please inform your suggestion?

Regards,

Shylesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member66264
Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice challenge

I can only think of 1 thing that is very performant and often used for migrations: ALE

You are lucky, security has something like that: Simulate a CUA environment...

I bet I can do it in 1 hour ( with preparation)

Lock all users:

create a CUA distribution model

same logical system name for all DEV clients (tricky part, rename later)

use RSCCUSND to create all idocs in the DEV systems..( to be tested without transfer to the client)

mass inbound processing should do the trick...

With some testing you should be safe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We do not have CUA implemented. what whould be the other options?

Thank you for your reply.

Shylesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also the source system is ECC6.0 Release 700 SP13 where as the target system is ECC6.0 Release 701 SP13 (EHP4).

Thanks

Shylesh

former_member66264
Contributor
0 Kudos

Solution would be to install a (fake) CUA for 1 hour to do the migration ... this is al the info regarding CUA:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/bf/b0b13bb3acd607e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

I think this is a very clean, fast and "standard" solution

You will have to "trick" the system since you will nolt send from 1 client but from 5, this will have to be tested ( never done that before, but i don' forsee an issue), i do hope you do not have 1 user 5 times in the system...

If you are fast, then setup and config is done in 2 hours ( can be done upfront for most part) , migration will take +/- 30 minutes?

I guess you know SU10... you could bit a Batch input or ecatt around it also.