SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversal of reversals not permitted in case of returns&payments FICA (ISU)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are constantly facing a problem on which we would like to have comments from you.

Problem:-

A payment comes and clears a receivable. A return is posted for the payment and the user later realizes that the return was posted incorrectly. Now, a reversal of this return is desired. SAP (ISU in FICA module) does not allow to reverse this and throws the message u201CDocument XXXXXXX can not be reversed due to reset clearingu201D.

Same is true for the reversal of a u2018payment reversalu2019

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you are talking of error >0609. Unfortunately, this restricton (reversing a reversed document) is a necessary one; if not,

there will be all kinds of issues within different functionalities in FI-CA.

As you can see from the documentation, "If a clearing document has been reversed, or there was a clearing

reset or return for the clearing document, a new reversal of the

> first reversal

> clearing reset

> return <<<<<< Your case >>>>>

is not permitted. The clearing cannot be restored by the new reversal."

As a workaround, "instead of reversing the reversal, you have to recreate the original clearing, that is, post a new equivalent for the original clearing document."

Sorry there is no other workaround that I can see.

I hope this help you.

Best regards,

David

0 Kudos

David,

Allow me to explain the process.....

1) amount received $200.

2) Its cleared open receivables( 120 and 80 $)

3) later customer claims didn't made payment of $200

4 ) we reset cleared the payment document and new document created

6) the incoimng payment document appred as payment on account (120$ and 80$ )

5) and now we are unable to reverse the payment amount to the clarification file.

error : Document XXXXXXXX cant be reversed due to reset clearing.

Best Regards,

Ija Saikrishna

0 Kudos

Hi Ija,

That's exactly my point. You will NOT be able to accomplish (5) i.e reverse the payment in your list below, because

1). the original payment is now blocked by the reset and FP08 will end with error >0495 'First reset obstructive clearing'

2). You will not be able to do a new reset on clearing reset you've done as FP07 will issue error >0245 'is a reversal document or clearing reset - no new reset allowed'.

I think you have to follow my initial proposed workaround.

Best regards,

David

0 Kudos

Hi David,

Please let me know as to why the restriction is necessary and what are the issues that would arise in FICA functionality if there is no restriction.

Best Regards,

ija

0 Kudos

Ija,

Just a question, instead of resetting the clearing at step 4, why don't you reverse the payment document? When reversing the system is smart enough to know that this is a payment document and asks whether you would like to transfer it back to clarification. So you don't actually reverse it. If you say yes then you have two options. Leave it in clarification and wait to see what the customer wants to do. Secondly if you want to post it on account to the contract account you can do this out of clarification. If you find out later that it was the wrong contract account the sysetm again lets you reverse this document (which again puts it back in clarification) so that you can post to the correct contract account.

I think that your problem is that by reset the clearing that you lose the clarification link. When I am playing around with payments and returns I always use the reverse document first because it give the option to take it back to clarification.

Hope this helps.

Natalie

0 Kudos

Hi,

The error message says the workaround is "you have to recreate the original clearing, that is, post a new equivalent for the original clearing document.".

How is this going to fix the issue?

Please elaborate and provide an example.

Thanks and kind regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Ija,

Generally in these scenarios we keep a dummy account for unclaimed money.

If even your business have one you can transfer the payemnt from the wrong account to the dummy for the moment until a valid claim happens.

Regards,

gaurav.

paresh_vanjara
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are also facing same issue.

Could anyone explain the meaning of "how to recreate the original clearing"?

Regards,

Paresh

0 Kudos

Recreate the original clearing means post same amount of payment again which will clear the open item.

0 Kudos

HI,

Ok.

Regards,

Paresh