cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ClassNotFoundException and SQLServer 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a instance of MII V12.0 deployed on 3 servers, two windows servers we control at Haworth and one AIX server hosted at IBM. My SQLServer database connects fine on our two windows servers, but I get a ClassNotFoundException on the AIX server at IBM. The same jdbc drivers are deployed on all systems and the only difference on the AIX server in the MII config is the TCP address of the database server because of the firewall architecture.

I need some assistance so I can tell my Basis guy what to do as he claims ignorance.

Where are the JDBC drivers deployed on the AIX server? We need to check and see if they are really there!

Do we need a reboot on the AIX server after the drivers are deployed?

Where is the Classpath controlled for an application in NetWeaver?

What else could be going wrong?

Thanks all,

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have the same error massage: "ClassNotFoundException", but a different setup.

Our MII 12.0.6 runs on a SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 server. It connects fine to a oracle database.

Now we want to connect a MS SQL 2000 Database with a JRE 1.4.2.

We use the offical MS SQL Server JDBC 2.0 Driver (Linux, sqljdbc.jar class library provides support for JDBC 3.0.). You can read the following note in the systemrequirements of this driver:

"Note: The JDBC Driver version 2.0 does not support JRE 1.4. You must upgrade JRE 1.4 to JRE 5.0 or later when using the JDBC Driver version 2.0. In some cases, you might need to recompile your application because it might not be compatible with JDK 5.0 or later. For more information, see the documentation on Sun Microsystems Web site."

Unfortunately the previous versions of the driver for sql server 2000 are not available anyomore.

Cause the combination of sql server 2000 and JRE 1.4.2 the trouble?

Amy Smith has problems on a AIX server, we on a Linux server. Can unix/linux server make problems?

Is it passible to connect our SQL server 2000 database?

Which JDBC driver is the correct (and where I can download it)?

Edit: On the data servers page i can check with the "Status" button the connection status. Why it tells me: "Gestoppt" (stopped) instead of a massage like "error" or "no connection"?

Thanks all

Martin Neugebauer

Edited by: Martin Neugebauer on Nov 23, 2009 12:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo to all,

this driver is actually running:

Driver: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver 1.0

Download URL: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e22bc83b-32ff-4474-a44a-22b6ae2c4e17&Displa...

Connects also to: MS SQL Server 2000

It is very important to use the right xMII connection parameters, which are explained within the microsoft help pages of the downloaded package:

JDBCDriver: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

ServerURL: jdbc:sqlserver://<MSSQL-SERVER IP>;databaseName=<DB-Name>

Example: jdbc:sqlserver://192.168.6.41;databaseName=wa8281

Handling:

Download the UNIX package version into a drive on your PC and uncompress it. Upload the sqljdbc.jar file to the MII platform using the MII interface; deploy it. That's all. No reboot or anything else necessary.

Hope I could help you.

Bodo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I forgot some information:

MII 12.0.6 running on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP2 (x86_64). This server itself is one VMWare Virtual machine of the physical platform running VMWARE ESX Server 3.5.

Bodo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bodo,

That is the exact solution. I downloaded the UNIX jar. Leave it to Microsoft to have a NON-cross-platform solution.

Thanks again,

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Answers (0)