Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Value Date when Scrapping

AddyOnline
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

What is the purpose of Asset Value date when you are retiring asset. For example in AR01 or ABAVN when we are scrapping the asset then what is the purpose of it ? What impact will it make or take ?

Should I put the date of retirement as my Asset Value date ?

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The purpose of asset value date in asset retirement is to determine the effective date of the retirement, so that based on the period controls specified in the dep.key, system calculates the depreciation on retirement.

asset posting date can be diffrent from asset value date, but they have to be in the same fiscal year. for e.g you want to post retirement on 05/25/2006 but you want to make the retirement effective from 05/30/2006 so your asset value date becomes 05/30

-Riyaz

AddyOnline
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Riyaz,

I will give you two scenarios;

1. Company have assets 10 -15 years. Now with zero book values. They want to scrap it. So should I put 31 May 2006 or 1 June 2006. It won't make any difference because the book value is zero ??

2. Let suppose there is book value, so if I put 31.05.2005 as asset value date, will it calculate dep till 31 or 30 ??

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Adnan,

that's dependent on the depr.-<b>method</b> - in Germany there's a rule to post depr. for 12 months if the Asset Value date (of purchase) <= 30th june.

if your method is monthly linearly - there's no difference by your point 2)

Answers (0)