Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differentiate contract pricing and normal pricing

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Kindly give me solution for the following scenario.

How to differentiate for a customer in pricing with whom we have contract and also we do normal sales.

WE have to sell Product X to customer A. He gets in to a contract with the company for a price RS 200 for a time period. But if he is taking the good without reference to the contract it should show the normal price (ie Rs 300) as we do for others. How to diffferentiate this.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can acheive this in 2 ways:

1- Create New Condition table: with "Document type / Customer / Material"-

Assign this condition table in Access sequence which is assigned to Price Condition type.

Maintain Condition Reocrds :VK11, based on Sales document type, system will trigger the condition record accordingly.

OR

2- Maintaining Different Pricing procedure for Contract & Normal sales.U can differentiate by maintaining different Price Condition types.

Test & revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

The option might be to create a new condition table with fields as reference document type / reference document number / customer / material / validity periods. Add this table to your existing access sequence which is assigned to your condition type . Create a condition record as per your requirement. This will get you the desired special price in a sales order when created with reference to contract.

If a normal order is created without refercne , then normal price will be applicable for the customer. Please test this option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sai

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried maintaining different pricing procedure based on sales document types (Contract & Normal) but while creating sales order with reference to contract it is not picking the price. Even if Given "Update pricing" it picks the price from the pricing procedure for normal standard order. how to go further if we are maintaining different pricing procedure

Thanks

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shivarajesh,

Hope your requirement is something different than in initial post.

Whereas, I have proposed to have different price in Contract & sales order(created w/o any reference) independently.

But your issue seems,

eg:

1-Contract: PR00- $ 100

2- Release Order ( created wrt:above Contract) - $200

generally, When you create release order wrt:Contract, Conditions from Contract will be copied to release order.

Try maintaining "Pricing Type"- B-Carry out new pricing in Copy control from Contract - Release Order @ Item level. ( in this case, there will be no need to maintain different pricing procedure,.New Condition table is enough as said in previous post).

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Reazuddin,

Let me thank you first for responding immediately.

I wil explain requirement in detail.

Customer - X

My company should be in a position to serivce my customer both thro contract and thro normal sales.

Let me explain-

Let the contract be for 100 items and validity period is 6 months.for a particular customer then once the contract gets over either way like the validity ends or he item is completely referenced then we should be in a position to invoice the customer in normal price.

Thanks

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let the contract be for 100 items and validity period is 6 months.for a particular customer then once the contract gets over either way like the validity ends or he item is completely referenced then we should be in a position to invoice the customer in normal price.

1- Within the Contract validity period, price will be triggered based on validity period maintained in Condition record which is created by using New Condition table: ( document type + Customer + Material)

Eg: QC - Customer:X - Material:X = $100 within validity period.

2- Once Contract validity is over, You can not able to create order wrt: same expired Contract.

Then you need to create Order:VA01-directly w/o any reference.

in this case, system triggeres Condition record:

eg: OR - Customer:X- Material:X- $200

Hope you are following the above process. Else, Can you confirm, how you are trying to create order, once Contract gets expired.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to maintain 2 prices. One for contract and another for Material price. Create an access sequence with 2 accesses. First access should comprises of SD document type [AUART_AD], Customer and Material. The second one is only for material.

Assign this access sequence in the condition type PR00.

Maintain your contract price [lowest price] for the combination of SD document type [Quantity contract], Customer 'A'' and product 'X'. Maintain another price [material price] for the material.

Create a contract QC, it will pick the price given for the first combination [lowest price]. When create the sales order with reference to this contract is will pick the contract price [lowest price]. If you create a sales order with out referring the contract it will pick the material price [ higher price].

Hope this will be OK for you.

Regards,

K Bharathi

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathi,

Thanks for your reply.

I need a clarification in your thread. Do you mean to say like I have to maintain 2 condition tables 1 specific and 1 generic for the same pricing procedures , so that the system first checks the validity of the contract and once it gets over it picks the price based on material.

If Iam wrong can yo plesae elaborate the process .

Rgds,

Sivarajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This scenario was tried in IDES. Works fine.

I give you the details what I tried.

The pricing procedure is ZINFAC [IN:Factory sale u2013 Bharathi].

The condition type of price in the pricing procedure is PR00 [Price].

The access sequence assigned in the Condition type is ZIN1 [Contract , Material Rel Status]

The Access sequence has the following accesses:

10 553 SalesDocTy/Customer/Material

20 305 Customer/material with release status

30 306 Price list category/currency/material with release status

40 306 Price list category/currency/material with release status

50 304 Material with release status

Note: This access sequence is similar to the standard accesses sequence PR02. But I have added the table 553 [newly created] to accommodate the Sales document type.

I maintained condition records for First and last accesses. When you enter the condition record by VK11, the key combination will appear from the accesses [10,20,u2026].

Enter the condition record for first combination [Sales document type(Contract QC), customer and material] and for the last combination [Material alone]. Donu2019t maintain customer and material combination.

Create a quantity contract QC; it will automatically pick the price given in the first combination.

Create a sales order with reference to this contract; the contract price will be flown.

If you create a sales order without mentioning the contract it will pick the material price given in the last combination.

The validity period has no effect on these processes. You can maintain the validity period as you like.

Regards,

K Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bharathi

Im having this very same requirement right now ADN your answers have been very help full. I have already done  the access secuence to consider the contract  ADN the contract works like a charm but when creating the SO referenced form the contract the SO takes the normal access secuence. My question is, wat pricing do i have ti set in copy control in vtaa so the system copies the prices from the contract ADN  doest not try to find a new condition secuence to update the price in the sales order? I have tried with C but the system takes the price of a regular sales order as if  it were not  referenced to a contract.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Bharathi..It worked fine