Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing: Expediting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've been requested to write a expediting report for the procurement department.

Is is just the outstanding/undelivered orders?

Can someone explain the meaning of expediting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Expediting usually means, getting the deliveries / service faster. So, looks like some one has placed the orders and probably wants to be delivered before the delivery date on the document (Only a guess).

However, there needs to be a criteria for the selection of the orders, which probably your user / functional person / business analyst will have to give you.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Pleaes mark the helpful answers

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Expediting usually means, getting the deliveries / service faster. So, looks like some one has placed the orders and probably wants to be delivered before the delivery date on the document (Only a guess).

However, there needs to be a criteria for the selection of the orders, which probably your user / functional person / business analyst will have to give you.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Pleaes mark the helpful answers

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giovanni,

Expediting is the follow up of purchase orders which are overdue, or are required by a prescribed deadline. The process or system by which suppliers are encouraged, to meet the due date for delivery of outstanding purchase orders or to effect immediate delivery of overdue orders.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Please reward points if helpful.

0 Kudos

Ferry,

So i guess it is straight forward.

Only need Tables: ekko,ekpo and ekbe Right?

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giovanni,

Without knowing your detail business requirement, I think you are right and can use tables EKKO, EKPO and EKBE.

For more information on purchasing tables, please check this link.

http://www.sapgenie.com/abap/tables_mm.htm#Purchasing%20Tables

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Please reward points if helpful.