cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Documents to BOM: Current version/All versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am talking about the screen that is obtained in ECC6 after executing CS03 , Go to Header Level and select the tab Doc.assignment.This shows Linked Documents ( Current version and All versions)

I have linked three released versions of a Document Info Record ( AA,AB and AC) with change number to the BOM by navigating to the screen listed above and saved the BOM.But I dont see any Linked documents, if I click on "Current version" in the same screen.However "All versions" shows all the three versions of this DIR.The DIR also shows the linked BOM in Cv03n for all three versions.

I have tried linking these three versions to the material, and the "current version" in the additional data tab ( basic data view) - document data tab rightly shows the latest version AC and All versions shows all three AA,AB and AC.

1.Is there any activation to be done for current version in BOM as mentioned in above screen?

2.The version is released with change number and is valid on todays date , what might be other possible reasons current version doesnt show up any DIRS for the BOM?

Regards,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

plesae see the below links as they might be useful for this kind of issue:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/CA-DMS-Object+link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Logicforcurrentandall+version

Further please check if SAP note 974270 is implemented in your system too.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a Lot Cristoph. I will check these links and the OSS Notes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph.

The SAP system we are using already has corrections of note 974270 as it is on higher version.

I have checked the documentation in the links you have sent and made sure that the settings for screens are fine.

I tried to execute couple of scenarios to check the logic for "Current version".

Scenario:1 : Two DIRS with out change number and not released

I see that there are no versions displayed in "Current version" tab( in CS03 tcode) for a simple test case where i created two DIRS with out change numbers, both of them not released.As per documentation in link, it should display the latest version in such scenario,

Scenario 2: Three released versions with valid change number.

For another test case , though three versions are released( AA, AB And AC) and change numbers are still valid, the current version still shows older version of "AA".( in CS03 tcode)

Please help if there is something else that I can check to proceed further.

Regards

Prasad