Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP and PPDS integration

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

can anyone suggest me how we can use PPDS for this below process after DP gives PIR

Finished Product P1 REQ IS 1000 TON it should give me what raw materials needed and where it is located and it raw material ready for planning P1 today.

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Once the demand comes as PIR from DP to PPDS as planned orders for

1000 tons as per your example, the system starts planning in ppds.

The prerequisites are that you have set up master data in R/3 and PPDS.

The master data in R/3 required are plant, material, bom, routing etc.,

It will be transferred to APO system as PPM or PDS which contains the

bom and routing data.

During system starts scheduling with the available capacity maintained

in the work centres, and based on lot size and depending upon the

availability of all its raw materials and components, a daily plan will

get executed as mentioned in PPDS horizon defined in material master

and your 1000 tons will get scheduled accordingly as planned orders

using PPM master data.

Hope this flow will resolve your queries.

Please confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sentil,

Thanks for your answer. It will be really great if you explain me clearly as i will tell you the process is.

finished rod-p1

Semi-finished product-billet (which producess finished product p1)

lets say P1-1400 tons and number of heats required to manufacture is = 1400/140 (140=weight od billet) =10 number of heats is req to manufactre the product.When heating billets it may give 10 number of differ heats but we need 1 heat number with 1400 tone and we dont know till QA team checks it.

My questions is how we can fullfill the needs in PPDS using blocks ( no VC is used)or campagine or any other solution.Please let me know sir.It will be really great help.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

With the information that you have given, the process is still not clear.

I appreciate if you give some more details in the area wherein

you said, whether QA team checks or not, it may give some more heats

etc.,

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sentil,

Mill industry with no variant config as this people have 3000 products and lengths are standard and through grade they have skus.

the scenario is

Mill have monthly plan fixed which is 4 weeks plan for production. we have an order for FP 1400 tons and grade is 1010 or heat number firth PP team will find out how many heats do we need to have liquid steel to manufacture billets ? and the formula is 1400/140=10 heats where 140 is capacity of a batch for 1 heat.

Now we need to have 10 heats (Also called grades) in the 10 batches to get semi finished for manufacturing 1400 tons of FP.In 10 heats during the process what he wants he may get just 7 heats (same grade as requested) and other 3 might be be getting different heats which end product will have different grade.

As this mill is continues process we get finished product as end product can be seen .so at end we may get 1000tons of rebar insted of 1400 as i said this mill hav 4 weeks plan and the other 400 tons we may get is different grade and this new grade might have requirement in the month but next week.so system need to adjust the monthly schedule saying that we had 1000 tons rebar with 1010 grade and 400 tons with 1929 grade .

Please let me know i need to proceed

Edited by: raj kumar on Nov 24, 2009 1:38 PM

Edited by: raj kumar on Dec 5, 2009 3:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you take heuristics run it checks for source of supply (PPM or PDS) and the components explode (BOM) and it checks the capacity at workcenter and acordingly create planned order. The raw materials requirement flow to the vendor (based on your source). You need to maintain Tlanes for the raw materials for source determination.

T-lanes can be created directly in APO or you can CIF info recard or scheduling agreement to APO to create Tlane.

Regards,

Kishore Reddy.