cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply Content server patch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do I apply a Content server patch on Solaris. The Content server installed is 6.40

I followed the OSS Note Note 514500 - Importing Support Packages for the SAP Content Server.

It says Replace the Shared Libraries in the directory "libexec" of your Content Server/Cache Server installation against the files from the ZIP archive.

I do not find libexec directory on Content Server in <sid>csc user and <sid>cs user. Based on this, I have the following questions.

1- Can you please let me know, where can I get this directory libexec.

2- Also please let me know, how can I get the latest patch version of my content server 6.40

3- Can anyone provide me OSS Notes, help URL for Content Server 6.40 on Unix flavour (solaris etc)

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abdul,

It looks like your installation is not complete, please recheck.

1) You will find the libexec in the installation directory of the <sid>cs and <sid>csc folders.

2) I have successfully applied the patch for the same using the SAP Note no: 514500 and its updated successfully.

3) Steps in breif

3.1) Stop the apache server

3.2) Extract the downloaded patch on your local desktop, which extarcts few .so files

3.3) Thru any FTP client (winscp) copy the files on the local desktop to the folde /<sid>cs/libexec folder

3.4) Set the permissions to 755

3.5) Start the Apache server

3.6) Goto CSAdmin on your R3 system and check the version change in the Overview Tab under Version, Build and pVersion sections

Hope this helps

Note 664384 - Generation info for Apache Web server for SAP Content Server

Note 586895 - SAP Content Server for UNIX (composite SAP note)

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unable fo find the libexec directory in the installation directory of the <sid>cs and <sid>csc folders. Based on this, I have 2 questions.

1- Should I create this directory manuallly, if this directory does not exist?

2- Also, is there any problem with my installation, since the directory libexec is not found?

3- Is there any utility to check and rectify issues that occurred during content server install (such as libexec directory not found in <sid>cs and <sid>csc folders)?

Thanks in advance.