Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availibility check for Cash sale and rush order

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

How is the availibility check happen for the cash sale and rush order. I mean is the availibility check switched off for these order types and if not , what special settings are done in availibility check for theses rush orders and cash sale orders types

regards

sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Availability check is controlled by schedule line categories and not by order types

As per standard SAP cash sale does not undergo availability check but Rush order undergoes availability check

I am not in front of SAP screen now to tell you what is the standard schedule line category for cash sales and rush order

But you can check that

Cash sale is a customer picks up the product from the shelf and pays for that immediately

Logically if you look at it the customer can pick up an available product only

Hence activating availability check doesnot make any sense in cash sales

Hence standard SAP is configured like that

But a Rush order is a customer needs certain products urgently

Those products may or may not be sufficiently available with us

hence system needs to perfrom availability check

Hence standard SAP is configured like that

Further to substantiate my statement of As per standard SAP cash sale does not undergo availability check but Rush order undergoes availability check

you can check in the order type configuration of both cash sales and rush orders the immediate delivery switch

For cash sales----- create delivery immediately key will be used

For Rush orders----- create delivery immediately if the qty confirmed will be used

This itself confirms only RO undergoes availability check and not CS

Regards

Raja

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

Thanks for your reply. I need more advice.

For cash sales, you are saying even if the availibilty check indicator is switched off, the qty is still confiremd in sales order.. That means for the delivery typee too(for cash sale), the availiblity check is switched off and so it means while creating delivery the system will not check for availibable stock...Am i right ???

But while doing PGI for the cash sale delivery( availibilty check switched off), does the system check for the actual stock ?? if it does not and allows PGI , then I think in this way for any sales order(like order type OR), one can create delivery and do the PGI by switching off the availiblity check indicator both at sales order and delivery level ?

regards

sachin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

more clarification needed

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As you are aware of the cash sales process, when the Order (BV) which when captured from the customer for delivery of certain material on some requested date will create a delivery(BV) immediately. This is order related billing and PGI operation can be done after billing is generated. This implies that the material are checked on the requested date and if this is not confirmed then next possible date comes into picture.

And about Rush order, i am not sure how material check is done as the billing is done after the PGI operation is over.

Regards,

Sarthak

former_member315051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

availablity check would be same as normal sales order only, the differecne in cash sale is Delivery will get created automatically (VOV8 Setting) once you save the sales order and Billing will happen in the same day.but in rush order billng will happen later.

you can search inforum for more details about cashsales and rush order.

Regards,

Ramesh