cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirm Successful Test in Normal Correction (SDMJ)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In normal correction (SDMJ) workflow, the action Confirm Successful Test is selected in the Development with Release phase of a project/maintenance cycle. The status of the Change document changes to Consolidated after that, and you then be able to move the cycle to Test phase.

How can we customise the standard workflow so that Confirm Successful Test is selected in the Test phase? This seems to make better sense.

I'd appreciate any help from any one of you who have done some customising to the SDMJ standard workflow. Many thanks in advance for your help.

BR Li

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member385033
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Li,

I had the same dscussion with my customers more than once, it is hard to understand to perform the action "Confirm Successful Test" before Test phase.

You could add another status to SDMJ (or a copy of SDMJ, for instance ZDMJ) before Consolidated.

But we selected another option, by using test messages during test phase and therefore following SAP standard process. So, a developer confirms successful integration/unit testing after he finished his development/customizing activities in dev by changing the status to consolidated.

If some issues are detected in Test phase, we are using test messages to correct it. But you are right, at the end of test phase there is no additional status which says: all is fine, go ahead and move it to production. Only be checking that all Test messages are finished, the Production transport approver can be sure, all issues have been resolved.

But by adding another status, please consider this: You have to create a copy of SDMJ (ZDMJ). After this, all enhancements and changes to SDMJ delivered by SAP, you have to do manually for your new transaction type ZDMJ, otherwise you will not get the functionality. That's why I'd recommend to use SDMJ as delivered by SAP and also use Test messages during test phase.

Best Regards,

Holger Slomka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Holger for your reply.

We have already decided to use "Test Message" for correcting development errors found in Test phase.

However, one of the other reasons why we'd like to have "Confirm Successful Test" after Test phase is that once a normal correction is in the status of "consolidated" (= Successfully Tested), it seems to be the point of no turn, even when you realise later in the Test phase that this correction should not be imported to production. Theoretically of course we can use "Test Message" to undo the change that is not ready for production, but in some cases this is practically not possible.

Is there a mechanism in ChaRM we can control the importing to production after status "consolidated"?

BR Li

former_member385033
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Li,

I had same discussions with SAP. SAP's recommendation always to move changes into production is not really possible under all circumstances. Our approach in such cases is to undo changes in Dev, and to remove transport requests from production import queue manually and then to withdraw the normal correction.

Not the best approach, and it requires a lot of manual effort.

Best Regards,

Holger

Answers (0)