cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering the storage capacity

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

1. Can we consider the storage capacity at the recieving location while prpogating the demand .

E.g Location A is sourced from Location B , Storage resource capacity of 100created and attached to location A (In GR/GI consumption is maintained in Mat1 - Prod /LocA) .

No Storage resource is maintained at loc B.No PPM at any locations.

Now the demand at location A is 200 , then only 100 demand should be propogated using SNP optimizer to Location B .Is this possible.

As for me the resource consumption is not happening and all the demand is propogated .

2.Can we consider the storage capacity of source location while propogating the demand.

E.g Location A is sourced from Location B , Storage resource with capacity 150 is attached to location B (In GR/GI tab consumption is maintained in Mat1 - Prod/locB)

No Storage resource is maintained at loc A.No PPM at any locations.

Now demand at Location A is 200, Then only 150 demand has to be propogated using SNP optimizer , but resource consumption is not happening and all the demand is propogated .Here if i place distribution recipts planned manully the resource consumption is happeing.

I think there is corresponding distribution demand when i create using the optimizer at source location hence , Quantity stored is gettiing netted off.

Please suggest.

Thanks ,

Ballack

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How to model storage constraint in SNP. I modelled it through heuristic ,which will load the storage resource and we can generate the alert.

But we constantly say optimizer do considers the storage capacity , if so any one pls clarify how does SNP optimizer supports to take consider the storage capacity as available in the optimizer profile.

(1000) capacity

Plant PL -

> Regular Repot RD (1000) capacity

Plant PL -

> Larger Depot LD -

> Regular Depot- RD

My case is we have one destination regular depot -RD which has a storage capacity of 1000 units. It can route from Plant -PL in normal cases (I.e Net req < 1000) and anything Net req over 1000 ,suppose 1500, then excess 500 quantiity has to be routed through Larger Depot LD which in turn take from Plant.

So only storage constraint is at Destination Regular depot.RD)

I also tried with a dummy location(DD) in Between RD and PL , and put the storage resource in DL with the same storage capacity as RD , bucket consuption /unit has been Set,Still all 1500 is routing to PL.

(1000) capacity

Plant PL -

> Dummy depot DD -

> Regular Repot RD

Plant PL -

> Larger Depot LD -

> Regular Depot- RD

How can we handle this.

THanks,

Ballack