Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Recording !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

How are you all doing?

I need some inputs regarding the time recording. Actually, at my client's place the procedure follwed is like this.

All the department heads send the timesheets to the HR department every month and the HR will enter the the Absences and Over time details into the SAP. In that sense there is a negative time recording being maintained.

Now that they are in the process of implementing SAP, they would like to know what is the best practice to record Time in the SAP. Do they have to record the time using any external machines? Is there any interface that can connect the time recording systems with SAP so that the automatic entry of the time is made?

Please let me know which one is better? Positive or Negative.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Imran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Yes ofcourse, you can use external time recording machines. You need to maintain infotype 0050 for this.

You can interface this device with ur sap system. If ur not using any device , it has to be done manually.

Negative time recording is better if u do not use , the time details in anyother modules(eg. logistics, etc), else u can use positive time recording.

Good luck,

Bobby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for the inputs.

Could you please tell me more about this; like what are the external machines available, in what format the time data will be outputted from the machines to the computer.

I would appreciate any help in this regard.

Regards,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

ther are third party tools available which integrates well with our sap system in that case the vendor will come up with the kinda data format they want and based on that data will b uploaded..not a big job..

in case u wanna upload data using negative TM ..go abt uploading infotype using BDC,LSMW everymonth for attendance , absence...

if u go for positive...in that case ther may b few integration issues in the starting ...but i have seen it and it'll work...but if u have the option of negative and dont want to take risk..negative goes ur way..

plz reward points and close the thread

regards

gunjan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

You will have to maintain infotype 2011(time events) in case of positive time mgmt. In this infotype you will have to use time events P10 and P20(clockin and clockout).

Ideally you will download the clockin clockout data from the external machine and you will have to upload the data to 2011 infotype.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gunjan,

Your inputs have completely cleared my doubts. Thanks a lot.

Rajeev - Your inputs were also helpful. Thank you.

Regards,

Imran