cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic start workflow for ALL records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Does anyone know a way to start workflow automatically for ALL records without human interference?

I want to start workflows every day. For instance to recalculate, re-validate, re-assign or syndicate ALL records of a table.

Kind regards,

Job Jansen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Job Jansen

I suppose recalculate and validate all recodrs once a day don't make sense when that records is the same

and records wasn't changing

However, you can use Autolaunch = Threshold with Max Time = 24 hour(for example)

workflow will fire when Max Time say greater then time last launched job.

And few another ways:

1) you can use task sheduler for launch import manager and turn autolaunch workflow when it do import

2) turn automatic import process(MDIS) once a day and use workflow for add records

3) developed Java application which used MDM JAVA API for start workflow

Regards

Kanstantsin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kanstantsin,

One of the reasons for running workflow daily on ALL records is the fact that it really makes sense:

1. calculated field can change f.i. as the systime changes.

2. validation can create error because a it verifies with the fields in a Lookup-table

3. same for assignment.

So validations, assignments and calculated fields can give a different outcome without changes in the record itself.

Setting Threshold is indeed a start but you have to do a trick for starting and restarting the job.

I made an extra workflow named RESTART that will be launched by the daily workflow and that will launch the daily workflow again.

It seams to work.

For the other solutions 1 and 2 they will only work for imported records.

And for solution 3 I think it will work but that will be a self made solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Job Jancen

1) and 3) solution you can use without importing record if you configured your import map,

however after successful import Import manager will launch your workflow

you right - in your case the custom application is more preferable

Regards

Kanstantsin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kanstantsin,

Please dont reply to that thread which i posted for email notifications, that thread is specific to SAP 7.1 documentation.

And the answers you told me, i already know.

That question is specific to SAP consulting.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Answers (0)