Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condensed Menus for User

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There is some option..setting or something like that in order to condense the user menu for a specific user id ?

The idea is that the transactions appear only once in the menu for that specific user.

I will appreciate any idea or suggestion

Thanks

FedeX

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update,

It is possible in the user maintenance (defaults tab) to specify an area menu at logon (start menu) for that user, these can be maintained in SE43 and you should be able to configure a custom one for your user, although I've never played with these.

Update - a quick test of this shows that the user needs to have the SAP Menu, rather than the user menu selected.

Update 2 - The below SAP notes detail the use of "condense menu", "sort user menu" and "condense menu in PFCG" through table SSM_CUST, however, these will still have the global effect.

203994, 322853, 504006

Hope this helps,

Tom

Edited by: tvenables on Nov 20, 2009 11:48 AM

Edited by: tvenables on Nov 20, 2009 12:09 PM

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The menu settings are global, I do not know if there's a solution form your exact requirement but a search on SSM_CUST should give some usable pointers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You have a number of options for this, one of the simplest is simply to ensure you create role folders and subfolders for your menu transactions, usually we would group these logically by function.

If you have the same transactions in a number of roles, which are grouped into cmoposite roles, you can generate the menu for the composite role and click on display duplicate transactions which will allow you to identify where these are ocurring.

Please can you give us more details on your role structure, this will allow a more focussed answer.

Thanks,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..thanks for the feedback.

We want to get the same effect of the global setting on SSM_CUST but just for one specific user.

We are not able to touch roles and menu structures.... what we want to do is something on the display part of the transactions on the menus.

Thanks

FedeX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update,

It is possible in the user maintenance (defaults tab) to specify an area menu at logon (start menu) for that user, these can be maintained in SE43 and you should be able to configure a custom one for your user, although I've never played with these.

Update - a quick test of this shows that the user needs to have the SAP Menu, rather than the user menu selected.

Update 2 - The below SAP notes detail the use of "condense menu", "sort user menu" and "condense menu in PFCG" through table SSM_CUST, however, these will still have the global effect.

203994, 322853, 504006

Hope this helps,

Tom

Edited by: tvenables on Nov 20, 2009 11:48 AM

Edited by: tvenables on Nov 20, 2009 12:09 PM